Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump press conference 2/16

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Good lord...I feel like most of the public statements (speeches and Twitter) he has made at this point are "stop being mean to me"

I'm politically very moderate, very happy Clinton did not get in, and am giving him the best benefit of the doubt I can, but I have been pretty darn disappointed so far.

"First of all LockedBreech if that's what your name is...by the way, are you a citizen because that doesn't sound like an American name?...and I also have it on good authority that you're not a very good lawyer. And actually, that's part of the problem because illegal aliens shouldn't be practicing law in the United States...or own guns. Not good. Not good. And I hear, from people I know, that you're not a very good shot and that your groups are all over the place. They're huge. Huge groups. Not very precise. Frankly, when we get the wall built you won't be able to come here and take American jobs away from hard working citizens. By the way, I also heard you have shingles..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    If you understand how bad the left is, and how childish they are, I don't see how you can't enjoy Trump. I wish he was the perfect leader but he is not, so I will take the package he is in the fight against leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If you understand how bad the left is, and how childish they are, I don't see how you can't enjoy Trump. I wish he was the perfect leader but he is not, so I will take the package he is in the fight against leftism.
    I can think much of the progressive left are childish lunatics and still not want my president posturing up and having a pissing match about how great (or not great) CNN's ratings are. Likewise, Nordstrom was petty with the whole Ivanka thing. I still don't want my president tweeting about it, even if he is her father.

I'm doing my best to give the guy the benefit of the doubt on policy, but this circus sideshow with the press -- not just today, but on twitter and through Sean Spicer -- is an embarrassment. He needs to focus his messaging on the substantive stuff that put him into office, rather than playing beat the press. He can't control the opposition (there's some definite truth to Steve Bannon's quote on that), but he can control how he reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    do you only passively aggressively troll?
    Yeah I'm about ready for another Pfestivus. I've enjoyed being on pistol forum for a long time.
    Admittedly I enjoy reading more to learn from people like Dagga Boy , Wayne Dobbs, SLG, and
    Sean M. Lately some of the new people have really diminished the content to the likes of Glock talk.

I'm done.
    Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I can think much of the progressive left are childish lunatics and still not want my president posturing up and having a pissing match about how great (or not great) CNN's ratings are. Likewise, Nordstrom was petty with the whole Ivanka thing. I still don't want my president tweeting about it, even if he is her father.

I'm doing my best to give the guy the benefit of the doubt on policy, but this circus sideshow with the press -- not just today, but on twitter and through Sean Spicer -- is an embarrassment. He needs to focus his messaging on the substantive stuff that put him into office, rather than playing beat the press. He can't control the opposition (there's some definite truth to Steve Bannon's quote on that), but he can control how he reacts.
    I don't disagree. My point is I will accept all the goofiness if it means we have a fighter in office. Since the left is the biggest ideological threat to America, I am going to worry less about Trump's problems and more about fighting the left.

He's not the hero we want, but he's the hero we need.

(yes... googling 'super trump' results in some hilarious shit.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I don't disagree. My point is I will accept all the goofiness if it means we have a fighter in office. Since the left is the biggest ideological threat to America, I am going to worry less about Trump's problems and more about fighting the left.
    The big problem is that the current President is not fighting the Left as much as he is fighting, in effect, logic, reason, order, effective leadership, etc. When was the last time a true leader moaned and complained again & again about the "mess" that he or she had inherited?

The People will not tolerate this behavior much longer, if at all, and the House and Senate will soon be forced by the understandably growing wave of constituent dissent, if not standards of presidential conduct alone, to take action to address this goof.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    The big problem is that the current President is not fighting the Left as much as he is fighting, in effect, logic, reason, order, effective leadership, etc. When was the last time a true leader moaned and complained again & again about the "mess" that he or she had inherited?

The People will not tolerate this behavior much longer, if at all, and the House and Senate will soon be forced by the understandably growing wave of constituent dissent, if not standards of presidential conduct alone, to take action to address this goof.
    Ok we disagree. I see that he is doing a better job of fighting them than has been done in a long time. Your prediction about dissent was made about trump all during the election and WE (yes me) were wrong. Trump was one of my last choices, but if you are anti left then support him. It's all we got.

Ok we disagree. I see that he is doing a better job of fighting them than has been done in a long time. Your prediction about dissent was made about trump all during the election and WE (yes me) were wrong. Trump was one of my last choices, but if you are anti left then support him. It's all we got.
    obama was one of the greatest gun salespeople of all time.
    trump is on this way to becoming one of the greatest leftism/liberalism/progressivism/whatever-you-want-to-call-it promoters of all time.

every moment/action he wastes on vain, silly and ineffective things cuts into his ability to do good for the US during his term, cuts into the ability to keep power in congress and cuts into his ability to win a second term.

If you understand how bad the left is, and how childish they are, I don't see how you can't enjoy Trump.
    I think Trump has all but cornered the market on childishness. I cannot enjoy a POTUS that acts like a twelve year old (on a good day).
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List