Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAS soldiers under investigation after weapons turn-in "amnesty"

SAS soldiers under investigation after weapons turn-in "amnesty"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/694...034.1470122714

SAS soldiers believe they have been betrayed after military police were called in over a huge haul of ammunition, grenades and guns handed in during a weapons amnesty.

Senior commanders became alarmed by the vast stockpile despite “no questions asked” assurances given to members of the elite special forces regiment to encourage them to dump souvenirs collected during missions.

The thousands of rounds of illegal ammunition and the weapons, mainly thought to have been brought back from campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, prompted top brass to task the MPs with probing how the illegal haul was smuggled into Britain.

However, the decision to break the amnesty has infuriated rank and file soldiers, who have reacted bitterly to the “betrayal of trust”.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-02-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Got to wonder why they brought that stuff back. Souvenirs I get, but when it could end your career and land you in jail?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Got to wonder why they brought that stuff back. Souvenirs I get, but when it could end your career and land you in jail?
    I think that gunmen who have seen the other side of humanity have a hard time surrendering their right to defend themselves.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Your decision making abilities are not always top shelf after extremely stressful events, and your view of acceptable risk may be a bit skewed.

I am certain this would never happen in the U.S. No need, since all this stuff is available at the local swap meet according to our media..
    Taking a break from social media.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The SAS and similar units are supposed to be able to smuggle dangerous objects.

That they harmlessly bend a few rules practicing this vital skill shouldn't cause people to pull out the fainting couches.

You say "Alright lads. Let's hand them over." and then when you see a big pile you congratulate them on their ingenuity and tell them to destroy them all. And then you pretend it never happened.

Or, if you are a fucking idiot, as Europe fills with terrorists you start a witch hunt in your most elite counter-terrorism unit that's guaranteed to sap morale. Because SAS guys grow on trees. It's not like it's difficult to find people who can do the job or expensive to train them or anything.

EDIT - and I will again express my utter disbelief that in western societies we train people to go kill bad guys by the fucking truckload and arm them with weapons that can level entire cities in minutes but lose our collective shit at the thought that they might have access to a handgun on a base or in a recruiting station.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-02-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    3/15/2016

I will not be surprised when they start searching these SAS troopers' homes.
    #RESIST

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I will not be surprised when they start searching these SAS troopers' homes.
    Good thing they fought for freedom, eh?
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Good thing they fought for freedom, eh?
    Yup. Wish I could offer them citizenships.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I am certain this would never happen in the U.S. No need, since all this stuff is available at the local swap meet according to our media..
    Well, rumor has it that after the Vietnam War, there were a whole lot of AK's, SKS' and assorted paraphernalia, including, but not limited to blasting caps, det cord, C4, Flex-ex, and perhaps a claymore or two, held in the personal stores of some guys who worked in the Smoke Bomb Hill area of Ft. Bragg. Some of this material was allegedly held by guys with chickens on their shoulders. Apparently, having found that this material was extremely useful in helping one stay alive, they decided they wanted to keep staying alive.

Rumor also has it that in some of the European countries liberated by the Allies in WW II, guys who served with or alongside Allied SAS units brought home a few souvenirs as well--prominently including .45's, M1 carbines, MP-40's and Sten guns.

Personally, if I knew that my home country had a whole lot of Moslems who liked ISIS, and if I had an ISIS price on my head and the heads of my family, I might bring home a Glock or two as well.

The officers who launched the MP investigation are the people who should be investigated (for naked careerism and for not protecting their guys). Not the SAS shooters.
    Last edited by Jeep; 08-02-2016 at 09:23 AM.

User Tag List