Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Firearm on someone for first time... detailed account

I suppose I'm the only one who does not buy the OP's story and thinks it's a bogus post made by a creative prankster.

Who comes onto a public forum, for his first post, to broadcast such an incident and his potentially law-breaking actions, asking utter strangers for advice?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I suppose I'm the only one who does not buy the OP's story and thinks it's a bogus post made by a creative prankster.

Who comes onto a public forum, for his first post, to broadcast such an incident and his potentially law-breaking actions, asking utter strangers for advice?
    Well, if it was a troll by MDA(AGV)/Bloomberg/Soros/Clinton they certainly didn't get what they were trolling for.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Well, if it was a troll by MDA(AGV)/Bloomberg/Soros/Clinton...
    Your statement assumes intelligence.

The first rule of DV's is don't get involved.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

If this is a troll, I take back everything I have said. Should have used your throw down gun to upper CNS both of them and moved the bodies to look like a murder/suicide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If this is a troll, I take back everything I have said. Should have used your throw down gun to upper CNS both of them and moved the bodies to look like a murder/suicide.
    After dragging them across your doorstep.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Maybe. I ran it through a written statement analysis and the results showed the statement was generally deceptive. Now, that doesn't mean it's a straight up lie (although it could be). It does mean there's gaps of information, there are signs of fabrication in parts, and that if I had the OP for an interview there are things I'd focus in on pretty hard.

Now, there are limitations to doing the analysis on a typed statement vs a handwritten. I can't see if he edited anything before posting it, how much thought he put into it, etc. He's talking to an audience, which also alters the analysis. If it was a handwritten statement and I could see him write it, I'd say it's a full fabrication. Given the limitations already discussed, though, I'm not comfortable making a firm conclusion on an analysis of an internet post.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Maybe. I ran it through a written statement analysis and the results showed the statement was generally deceptive. Now, that doesn't mean it's a straight up lie (although it could be). It does mean there's gaps of information, there are signs of fabrication in parts, and that if I had the OP for an interview there are things I'd focus in on pretty hard.

Now, there are limitations to doing the analysis on a typed statement vs a handwritten. I can't see if he edited anything before posting it, how much thought he put into it, etc. He's talking to an audience, which also alters the analysis. If it was a handwritten statement and I could see him write it, I'd say it's a full fabrication. Given the limitations already discussed, though, I'm not comfortable making a firm conclusion on an analysis of an internet post.
    Damn, hope you don't run all my posts thru that software!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ricky like BehindBlueI's I don't believe you've committed a crime either and he and Mitchell gave you the soundest advice in the thread.

At this point I was running up to the front of the property as the van jerked in front of the individual walking (which I could make out as a woman at this point) forcing her onto our property.

I saw the driver (a male who seemed to be on drugs from actions and speech) get out of the van and grab the woman by her hair and knock the hell put of her.
    After going outside this is your first decision point. You've observed a chemically enhanced/impaired male assault a female on your property. So...should you stay or go? You elected to stay. And you yelled at him.

the man drew back to hit again as I was approaching approximately 12 yards away, I yelled and told him to stop

He proceeded to hit her again and acted as if he was going to slam her head into the side of the van at this point
    Okay so that didn't work. Stay or go? You stayed and yelled again and pointed a gun at him.

I aimed the pistol at the man and repeated yelling that I will shoot if he does not stop.
    Okay so that didn't work either but it did shift his attention to you.

At this point he turns towards me and starts walking extremely fast
    And you in return do this.

I back pedaled to keep a somewhat comfortable distance.
    And his response to that?

As he was walking towards me in an aggressive manner he picked up the front of his shirt exposing his waistband
    And you do this:

at that moment my finger moved to the trigger for the first time

I'll pause from the timeline and give you a piece of advice here. Think of your trigger finger as moving through the shooting cycle or well away from the trigger in what is commonly referred to as a register position here. There is no in between.

Okay let's continue. What happens next?

As he was advancing I told him if he took another step I was going to shoot.
    And what effect did that have?

At this point, he stopped
    Okay. What happens next?

He then reached into his pocket
    And you did what?

and my finger went back to the trigger,
    And he did what?

he pulled out a cell phone
    Good job on not cooking one off but at this point you're probably good had you done so.

At this point we are 3 yards apart. My wife then pulled up in her car to find me holding a man at gunpoint after having no idea what was going on except for the yelling. I told her to call 911 and stay in the car.
    Tough place. Close range to a bad guy, an unknown looming, and your wife has rolled up into the mix. This is one place that a word with your spouse may very well be in order ahead of time. Something as simple as "Honey if you ever pull up and see me holding a fuck-knuckle at gunpoint DRIVE AWAY"

What's next?

he turned and walked starting to go down the road at this point. During this the woman was yelling to stop that was her husband. From the way she acted and spoke as well I could only assume that she was also high
    Okay so we've managed to move this slice of life off our home front.

What happens next?

After he started walking away this woman ran and jumped into the drivers seat of their car, which worried me a little bit as I have no idea what was in there.
    If that's the case then personally I see absolutely no reason to do this:

I got to the drivers window which was cracked and there were no visible weapons at which point the gun was just held in my hand.
    Probably what you should have done is collect your wife, get in the house and lock down.

And the epilogue?

I asked if she was okay and her response was incoherent. At this point my wife had gotten out and gotten the tag number and the lady drove and picked the man up
    The End.

Overall you could have done a lot worse. It also could have gone a lot worse. By your own admission you're recovering from an appendectomy so the only way you have to solve this is either verbal compliance or shooting. Not a lot of options. If what you wrote is accurate in the timeline then you appear to have made an attempt at gradiating your response and constantly evaluating the threat. I've personally witnessed people on this board not do as well in similar simulated circumstances.

For everyone here that says "Fuck 'em, they're a couple of crack-heads/meth monkeys/scum-bags that may very well be true. There also may very well be some people on this board who have children who are crack-heads/meth-monkeys and scum bags. I doubt they'd care to have their child beat to a pulp and may very well appreciate intervention. Think about that when you draw your "line in the sand".

And finally if you have no experience in matters like this then you may very well want to refrain from commenting in this thread and stick to shooting for fun.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 06-08-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Damn, hope you don't run all my posts thru that software!
    It's not software, although I with is was. "LSAT" as taught by Sgt. Bob Shaffer. I think he's out of Colorado, but I took his class here about 3-4 years ago. It's one of the hardest and most mentally demanding classes I've ever attended, LEO, .mil, or college. It's a bitch to do, it's like mentally juggling a bunch of balls as you count how many of each color while jogging. I only gave this a quick look over for 3 major tests (all of which it failed) but to do it for realsies to really focus in on where the issues are in prep for an oral interview can take an hour or more for me. Guys who do it all the time are quicker, of course, but I still rely on crutches of checklists and color coding and re-reading multiple times. Off topic, but if any investigator gets the chance to take his class it's time well spent. Just take aspirin and Gatorade for the resulting academic hangover...

User Tag List