Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 consensus

Be aware however concerning the different size grip modules. They are unobtanium right now due to, as Sig told me, a switch in suppliers. I've had a large for the carry model on order since October and they cant tell me when it will ship.
    Last edited by UNK; 12-13-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Wow That's BS. Piss poor customer service. I've noticed quite a difference in VP9 triggers but not so with the 320. Looks like you are between a rock and a hard spot. Have you tried getting it resolved through the gun store you bought it from? I know the LGS I purchased mine at has a Sig Rep visiting occasionally and they probably could call him for a specific issue like this. If that didn't work out I would call this guy. http://thesigarmorer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I received no service from SIG at all. I called Kyle Faucher and spoke with him. I also exchanged emails with him several times. I could pay for shipping back to SIG and they would test fire the gun. If nothing was found, they would charge me ~$150 for the evaluation before sending my pistol back to me. I had a strong feeling that my pistol would be "within spec" and I'd be out more money.

I was the most surprised when they didn't offer to send me a #8 sight. I had a Ruger with an elevation issue, and they sent me a new rear sight, no questions asked. Sig wanted to charge me $36 for it, which seemed like HK pricing, to me.

With respect to the sights aligning to the top of the sights versus the dots, I'm having trouble understanding how this could be when the dots and the tops of the sights clearly don't like up. One is lined up, or the other. It could be that these sights were designed for the P226, which has a shorter barrel length, and they shoehorned them on the full size p320. I don't know.

I decided to spend additional money on adjustable LPA sights instead of trips back to SIG. I haven't mounted them yet, but if I can work out some of the other issues, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    You would be shocked at how many non-gun enthusiast LEO's I've worked with who reassemble a glock incorrectly, most commonly by missing the rear rails with the slide, and instead of asking for help, they holster up and leave hoping no one will notice. This does sound like a small issue for LE agencies to deal with.
    Honestly the more educated users will have it happen to them more than the amateurs. I did a video last night (which I need to get a hair cut and shoot again), and honestly it wasn't the easiest thing to hold the slide back and rotate the take down lever back into position.

And the magazine sticking out a half an inch is pretty obvious.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I received no service from SIG at all. I called Kyle Faucher and spoke with him. I also exchanged emails with him several times. I could pay for shipping back to SIG and they would test fire the gun. If nothing was found, they would charge me ~$150 for the evaluation before sending my pistol back to me. I had a strong feeling that my pistol would be "within spec" and I'd be out more money.

I was the most surprised when they didn't offer to send me a #8 sight. I had a Ruger with an elevation issue, and they sent me a new rear sight, no questions asked. Sig wanted to charge me $36 for it, which seemed like HK pricing, to me.

With respect to the sights aligning to the top of the sights versus the dots, I'm having trouble understanding how this could be when the dots and the tops of the sights clearly don't like up. One is lined up, or the other. It could be that these sights were designed for the P226, which has a shorter barrel length, and they shoehorned them on the full size p320. I don't know.

I decided to spend additional money on adjustable LPA sights instead of trips back to SIG. I haven't mounted them yet, but if I can work out some of the other issues, I will.
    I'd call SIG back and talk to someone else--they're hit and miss with their customer service. I dealt with a couple of issues last year, and had two great experiences, and one guy that was such a jackass that I never wanted to deal with SIG again. SIG CS definitely seems to be the place where you go ask mom if dad doesn't give you the answer you want...

John C, If you have to pay shipping and pay Sig for the work that sucks. If that is the case I would pay Robert Burke to fix it right.

At the Grayguns Secret Volcano Base, Spray, Oregon
    My FS p320 was definitely a "Monday" gun. The trigger was horrible, in comparison to others that I tried. In taking it apart, it's clear that the trigger bar is grinding against the frame. There's a dab of grease on it, but this one is bad. In fairness, after 500-1000 dry fires, it's now acceptable. My late model M&P 40 trigger is still much better, though.

Also, my rear sight was visibly canted to the left, causing the gun to shoot way to the left out of the box. I've now drifted the sights back to center, where they should have been from the factory. I found out belatedly that Sig sights do NOT register by aligning the top of the front sight between the tops of the rear sight. The gun will shoot high. The sights are aligned by lining up the dots on the sights. Other brands, like Beretta, register the dots AND the tops of the sights.

I also get severe trigger sting from firing the gun. This is the first gun that's done that to me. I'm working on modifying my trigger finger placement to avoid trigger sting. It feels like an electric shock to my trigger finger.

My primary duty weapon experience over the last 20 years has been a Glock 17. In comparison, I get more muzzle flip, presumably from the high bore axis, from the p320. Bruce Gray mentions that the pistol is over-sprung for duty reliability. For competition use, he recommends a lower weight recoil spring on an after-market guide rod.

I'm not done with the pistol yet. I'm going to continue to work on trigger finger placement, and try my TLR-1 on the front of it, and see how that does.

On the plus side, it does seem accurate, which is the reason I was interested in the pistol to begin with.

Although I got a lemon, I don't hold it against Sig, or the platform. All manufacturers put out lemons at various times. I think the platform is good, but so far I think the Glock 17 kills it, hands down. The modularity is cool, but remember the extra grips are $54, shipped. I got a large grip.

I think the best size combo is probably the Carry. Knowing what I know now, I would have purchased that instead of the full sized version. It's a big pistol.

I also would not have purchased my specific pistol, with a trigger that bad. But I had to order it sight unseen, and I prepaid for it. It came in to the store, and I took it home without dry firing it. Lesson learned.
    Hi! If you'd like, I'll be happy to adjust your trigger mechanism to spec and zero the thing as a favour to you. You can contact me via bruce@grayguns.com.

Of course, lemons exist. I can say we've handled a few with crunchy trigger takeup or funny reset timing, but they have been few both as a % of the hundreds we see, and in real numbers.

Still, when its your gun the rate of incidence is 100%.

-Bruce Gray (Discosure: Manager, Team SIG and R&D consultant with deep, or maybe derp, experience with this platform.)

At the Grayguns Secret Volcano Base, Spray, Oregon
    I would not advise mounting the LPA to your P320. I cannot speak to your contact with CS, but I can definitely take care of your needs personally as a favour. It pains me to read of issues like yours that really should be easily solved. We'll pony up for shipping.

-Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Gray; 12-13-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Wish I could like more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Gray View Post
    I would not advise mounting the LPA to your P320. I cannot speak to your contact with CS, but I can definitely take care of your needs personally as a favour. It pains me to read of issues like yours that really should be easily solved. We'll pony up for shipping.

-Bruce
    Hi! If you'd like, I'll be happy to adjust your trigger mechanism to spec and zero the thing as a favour to you. You can contact me via bruce@grayguns.com.

Of course, lemons exist. I can say we've handled a few with crunchy trigger takeup or funny reset timing, but they have been few both as a % of the hundreds we see, and in real numbers.

Still, when its your gun the rate of incidence is 100%.

-Bruce Gray (Discosure: Manager, Team SIG and R&D consultant with deep, or maybe derp, experience with this platform.)

-Bruce
    It does not get any better than that!

P320 consensus

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would send that gun back to SIG. Regarding the sights, your sig. should shoot to either the tip of the front sight or the dot depending on the ammunition. It should shoot to point of aim by lining up the conventional sight picture. Several P320 from the first year of production had issues with shooting high, including my 9mm P320C. Swapping out the number 8 9mm height sight for a number 6, 40caliber front addressed the issue on mine.
    I know if two recent manufacture full size P320's that also shoot high so it's not fixed in all of them yet. The most recent manufactured pistol belongs to my dad who was a Sig armor when KHP carried P220's.

A call to Sig resulted in denial from the CS that the pistol should shoot high. He did sell my dad "the tallest front sight they have". I don't remember what the charge was because he ordered a large frame at the same time. New front sight was installed and it's still impacting 2-3" high at 15 yards. This is supported off of sand bags.

As a note this is with 115 grain ammo. Before the sight change we tried both 115 and 124 grain ammo. The sights are the only issue with the pistol. Trigger is very nice, a little heavy, but very smooth with a clean break.

Sights can be fixed. Just need to find the correct combo. I really like the platform and I think it has a lot of potential. I'm pretty heavily invested in Glocks or I would pick one up for myself.
    Last edited by MGW; 12-13-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List