Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

I had a customer that just ordered an SME, and he emailed to ask if I could put Todd's initials on the holster, since it was Todd's influence that prompted him to buy the SME. Of course I was going to oblige his request, but it really got me thinking. Since Todd and SLG are the only reason that the SME even exists, I figure it is fitting to acknowledge it from now on, in memoriam. All SME's from this point forward will have the following stamped on the back...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's very cool.
    3/15/2016

Never met Todd but his writings have definitely influenced my views and ideas about shooting (as well as leading me to join the aiwb cult &#128513 RIP

Todd was very helpful with my own business and graciously provided me with information and answered any / all questions that I had for him. Great influence in my pistol shooting and he welcomed me to this site and encouraged participation here about the time I was pushing back from social media and the www in general, including forums. Because of this I will always have a special connection with Todd and this site.

Aloha 'Oe Todd.

Just saw this, terrible news. I'd first encountered Todd on the Beretta-L, and Tactics-L lists where he was an amazing arguer/debater. Then I met him at the first Vickers class with 10-8, where he was one of the best shooters with his P229 DAK .357Sig. John Noveske(RIP) had a shorty AR that wouldn't work, and Larry was busting John's balls, so Todd (who was working for Sig at the time) whipped out a full auto Sig 552 shorty which of course worked like a charm. When Todd opened his own training company I signed up for the first class in Pittsburgh. He told some great stories about the industry and was a fun guy to hang around with. I know many of you were close friends with him, my condolences.

RIP Todd.

A while back, someone sent me these pictures of me and Todd in the AFHF class out here in 2012. Kind of blurry and maybe not the best pictures, but they are the only ones I have and it seems like a good time to share.

[img]IMG_2966 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]IMG_2967 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]photo by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

When I saw the thread title I thought that it couldn't be. Unfortunately I never met ToddG, or most of you on here, but I would like to say thanks to all for making this forum possible.

My condolences to all family and friends.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

My condolences to his family, it's going to be hard he was too young.

My experiences with Todd have been echoed a dozen times in this thread. I never shook his hand, but was honored to have corresponded with him quite a bit. There's at least one article I couldn't have written without his help. Ironically, it published just a few days ago. The gut punch I'm feeling over the loss of someone I've never met in person is quite a testament to the man himself.

I was at Tac-Con this past weekend. Watching so many of Todd's friends power through their emotions and teach their blocks knowing how advanced his disease had become was a throat-lumping experience.

RIP, sir and thanks for everything.

He is missed, and will continue to be missed.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...16/a-sad-week/

User Tag List