Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Control

Site Supporter

Rumor Control

RE: Tom’s Health

In late September I had a colonoscopy, something I have to do every few years because of a family history of colon cancer and a personal history of polyps. During my September procedure, the doctor removed two of what he described as “big, ugly polyps”. Awaiting results from the pathology lab, I went to Franklin, TN, to conduct a class.

Arriving in Franklin on this past Thursday, I set up the classroom, went to dinner with one of the AI’s and went to my hotel room. Around 8:30pm I started passing copious amounts of bright arterial blood, in scary quantities. I called my Florida doctor, who sent me to the ER. At the ER I was immediately admitted, then sent to the ICU.

I was treated in the ICU until Friday afternoon, then transferred to a regular room for the remainder of Friday and Friday night. At 7:00 am Saturday I was discharged, so at 8:30am I was able to be on the range teaching the scheduled class.

I’m back home now, and we went today to see the GI doctor who did the colonoscopy. The lab said the removed polyps were adenomatous, the type that turn into cancer if not found in time. These, however, were found and excised, so I am fine. The bleeding episodes are believed to be caused by something breaking the scabs formed over the two excisions in my colon where the ugly polyps were removed. It happens.

I’m fine and back on my regular schedule.

Many thanks to everyone who inquired about me and sent positive vibes my way. Lynn was in Florida and was very worried and upset, so your support and concern helped her tremendously. Thank you very much.

Tom

This must have been very scary and I'm overjoyed that everything is ok

Keep up the colonoscopies. I have to do those as well and while no fun at all they can be a life saver as you've experienced.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Very much thinking of you Tom, and Lynn.

Gail and I will keep you in our prayers.

Site Supporter
    Glad all is well.

My dad had a similar episode a few years ago. Had a colonoscopy and a few polyps removed. Said the doctor forgot to tell him to be careful what he ate for a couple days so he went out right after the procedure to chow down at his favorite breakfast spot since he hadn't eaten in 24 hours and next thing he knows he's passing blood. Glad to hear everything it OK.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-04-2017 at 04:13 PM.

That's pretty scary. Glad everything is OK.

You’ll be in our prayers, Tom!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Tom,

I had no idea this had happened. I am so glad that you are doing ok. Please continue to take care of yourself. We need you around for a long time to come!
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Good news. Also ixnay eating the ghost peppereys...

Site Supporter
    That must have been quite a scare, and glad you are okay. Another vote for keeping up the colonoscopies. Even when things go perfectly, the prep is no fun, but the possible alternative is far, far worse.

User Tag List