Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy Involved Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I found it pretty interesting how fast that guy dropped. The deputies (good shooting by the way!) had really fast and consistent splits and it wasn't until the third that I noticed the guy had already dropped. That guy instantly knew he fucked up.
    Personal experience tells me that being shot and knowing that you are shot are different. I've seen guys fall to the ground and act dead from a graze wound and I've seen guys taken a dozen in the chest and keep fighting.

Unless a switch is hit, the only reason people go down is because they believe they should
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Personal experience tells me that being shot and knowing that you are shot are different. I've seen guys fall to the ground and act dead from a graze wound and I've seen guys taken a dozen in the chest and keep fighting.

Unless a switch is hit, the only reason people go down is because they believe they should
    ya I have never been in a shooting that was "typical" pistol distance close (25yard and in). I just found it interesting in the fact that the dudes splits were stupid fast but that guy was just done

All three deputies returned to duty tonight and are on shift right now.

Tom Givens has commented as to how small the active training community is. On behalf of Cpl. Thrower, the OCSO, and me personally, I want to thank all those folks in "our community" for their support. It truly means a lot.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

What response has the community and local media had since the officers clearly did the right thing? Are they strangely quiet or openly supportive?
    Awesome job by the officers and training division!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    What response has the community and local media had since the officers clearly did the right thing? Are they strangely quiet or openly supportive?
    I'll let the Chief speak on who/how folks have reached out to the SO but as a member of the community I have heard VERY little about the incident. It's nothing like the coverage we have seen when a deputy or officer has been shot or injured in the line of duty. I saw the posts on the OCSO Facebook page and the comments I saw were all very supportive. I saw maybe one or two very brief articles in the local paper. It was surprisingly quiet in my opinion. Now, we had a second OIS with a different agency the next day (maybe two days later) and the coverage of that was maybe a little more because it's a little bigger city AND the investigation shut down a major intersection for a whole day because the perp ran like a gazelle after being shot. IIRC he ran for like 4 minutes. In the video when the resounding backup officers arrived and took the guy into custody the cop that shot him and was chasing him was saying, "I can't chase him no more." .... followed by a LOT of profanity. He was understandably wore out.

This guy is the freakin man! Cool calm and collected the whole time, wow just wow.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

What battlefield are you policing in ???
    Last edited by BES; 04-26-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    What battlefield are you policing in ???
    Any really busy metro area allows you to see all sorts of shot and stabbed people.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    The only thing approaching negative feedback are a few reproaches over the F-bombs.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The only thing approaching negative feedback are a few reproaches over the F-bombs.
    People who criticize swearing, of all things, when lethal force has just been encountered and counterpunched, are a truly legendary breed of stupid.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List