Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this was interesting

So this was interesting

So I am a new(ish) shooter and a scientist. I was in graduate school during the cold fusion years and watched scientists go crazy over what was the truth. In the end the truth was hard to determine.

With respect to the pistol/defensive training world, I have been surprised how often different training programs are either loved or hated or both.

How does a new shooter know the truth.

I thought this post was interesting and made sense to me.

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....mong-trainers/

I read/listen to as close to everything this man puts out as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I read/listen to as close to everything this man puts out as I can.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Drdan View Post
    How does a new shooter know the truth.
    There's so much bullshit out there that you probably don't. Even a lot of experienced shooters never find it.

There is only one Truth. It gets expressed a lot of different ways, but it always boils down to "only hits count." How and where you make those hits (technique), why you should or should not make them (legal and moral issues), when you should start trying to make them (tactics and mindset), what you should use to make them (hardware/gear), and how you should prepare yourself to make them (software/training) is a huge gray area.

If you stick around here very long, you will come to see several paths through the grass. They all lead to the Truth in one way or another. That is not true of most other sites that claim to focus on this stuff.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 04-18-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    There is only one Truth. It gets expressed a lot of different ways, but it always boils down to "only hits count." How and where you make those hits (technique), why you should or should not make them (legal and moral issues), when you should start trying to make them (tactics and mindset), what you should use to make them (hardware/gear), and how you should prepare yourself to make them (software/training) is a huge gray area.

Okie John[/QUOTE]

That is one of the most wisdom filled single sentences I have seen on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    That is one of the most wisdom filled single sentences I have seen on the interwebs.
    Thank you.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 04-18-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I have now copied this into my file of significantly thoughtful and wise quotes.

Thank you all very much. Also if you dont mind, i think I finally have a signature.
    A wise man told me that "only hits count" is the one truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdan View Post
    Thank you all very much. Also if you dont mind, i think I finally have a signature.
    If you're talking to me, then go ahead.

Okie John

I attended that Hackathorn class. Mr. Werner is a classy dude. Mr. Hackathorn let him have the stage at one point and he taught some good info on small guns and calibers. I had no idea he was based in GA.

User Tag List