Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Grip and retard comments

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Being a woman in the shooting sports - especially a successful woman in the shooting sports - has got to be one of the hardest gigs out there when you consider the kind of shit slobs like us put them through because we never really matured much beyond 9th grade. Glad JG and others like her are still around.
    9th? What do you have a triple PhD? I wouldn't go higher than 6th, but maybe that's just because I only have a bachelor's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

Then again, you obviously don't care, and are lucky we live in a civilized society.
    I believe your profession has biased you to believe that we are all civilized. Some of us are less civilized than people expect. And the world tends to be much smaller than they expect as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You just need some p-dog therapy, that's all and I happen to know a guy...

Well, there went MY coffee!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I wish I could remember who to credit for the wise words: "reading the comments after any story is like ordering a steak with a side dish of maggots."

Perfect! I have a co-worker who lives and dies on the "Comments" section of just about anything. He will have a side dish - thanks, Sidheshooter.

Being a woman in the shooting sports - especially a successful woman in the shooting sports - has got to be one of the hardest gigs out there when you consider the kind of shit slobs like us put them through because we never really matured much beyond 9th grade. Glad JG and others like her are still around.
    I'm as "cis male" as they come. I have attended exactly two competitive pistol matches in my life. I was treated like shit at both of them, despite (or perhaps because) shooting quite well.

I can only imagine what a capable woman would endure from those dickheads.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 04-10-2016 at 02:15 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    9th? What do you have a triple PhD? I wouldn't go higher than 6th, but maybe that's just because I only have a bachelor's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    well, I am an MD-PhD student, which required being able to spell my own name and refraining from farting loudly during my interview. It was a small miracle that I made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm as "cis male" as they come. I have attended exactly two competitive pistol matches in my life. I was treated like shit at both of them, despite (or perhaps because) shooting quite well.

I can only imagine what a capable woman would endure from those dickheads.
    really? I've shot IDPA +/- USPSA in 3 different CONUS timezones and, with a minor exception of my experience at TCGC in Oregon, it was very collegial and highly enjoyable. Especially in MN. Clubhouse with cheeseburgers and beer after every match? Yes please.

... minor exception of my experience at TCGC in Oregon, ...
    It's really funny you should mention that.

In all fairness to the people at Tri-County, this was well over 10 years ago, and more a reflection of the people running the matches than the facility.

I really should give it another go. Back then I lived very close to TCGC, so I was bummed. I had plenty of free time, but was so broke I laboriously reloaded on a Lee single stage press c-clamped to my kitchen table.

Now I've got quite a bit more money, but much less time and I'm 32 miles from the closest Starbucks. I'll have to see what Washington state has to offer though.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 04-10-2016 at 07:08 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Anyone with swastikas in their user name should be immediately deleted, and waterboarded.
    Jesus, complete with the obligatory 14/88, too. I hate Illinois nazis.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Jesus, complete with the obligatory 14/88, too. I hate Illinois nazis.
    I recently learned that Cicero used to be the hometown of the American Nazi party before whatever reason...

Currently Cicero has the "little village" area...an enormously dense Latino population which makes me chuckle and hope that at least one nazi fuckhead blew an aneurysm when they learned that the overwhelming majority of their Illinois Vaterland speaks Spanish.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    It's really funny you should mention that.

In all fairness to the people at Tri-County, this was well over 10 years ago, and more a reflection of the people running the matches than the facility.

I really should give it another go. Back then I lived very close to TCGC, so I was bummed. I had plenty of free time, but was so broke I laboriously reloaded on a Lee single stage press c-clamped to my kitchen table.

Now I've got quite a bit more money, but much less time and I'm 32 miles from the closest Starbucks. I'll have to see what Washington state has to offer though.
    It's been a while since I lived in that area, but yeah, my experiences with the matches was kinda meh. Many were nice, but there were a few people that threw hissy fits or threw their (minimal) authority around like real assholes.

Like I said though that was an anomaly. Have always gotten along great with the majority of people I've shot matches with. Really loved my USPSA community out in MN. All great guys.

User Tag List