Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on violencedynamics.com class

Thoughts on violencedynamics.com class

This appeared in my Facebook feed today. I only recognize Kathy Jackson's name. I'm gonna assume it's a lot of stuff like ECQC/EWO/MUC? Wondering if anyone had any experience with these instructors. They have a week long block of instruction near me in the next few weeks.

http://violencedynamics.com/

The intructor bio's were...uh, interesting.

violence vi·o·lence ˈvī(ə)ləns/ noun: behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. (Merriam-Webster)

Violence dynamics: the logistics of the use of force – how, where and when it happens, and its greater relevance on the spectrum of human communication and conflict behavior.

In April, 2016, we invite you to join us for six days of training. Here we explore the logic and legality of use of force, conflict communication and the mechanics of violence and defense with Rory Miller, Marc MacYoung, Kathy Jackson, Terry Trahan, and Kasey Keckeisen.

We’re excited. These are five (world-class) instructors, all with long histories facing and using force. All with years of experience transmitting that information to other people.

Tuesday, April 12 – Sunday, April 17, 2016 in Oakland, CA, USA

In one six-day intensive course, we are creating the opportunity to explore the same concepts many force operators spend years of their lives and thousands of force encounters to buy.

Don’t miss this chance.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Isn't Marc MacYoung the guy that brags about almost getting into a fight with his reflection in a window or do I have my badasses confused?
    No, you are correct, I read that book of his.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Isn't Marc MacYoung the guy that brags about almost getting into a fight with his reflection in a window or do I have my badasses confused?
    Wait... what?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    This appeared in my Facebook feed today. I only recognize Kathy Jackson's name. I'm gonna assume it's a lot of stuff like ECQC/EWO/MUC? Wondering if anyone had any experience with these instructors. They have a week long block of instruction near me in the next few weeks.

http://violencedynamics.com/

No, it won't be anything like ECQC/EWO/MUC.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 04-07-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Wait... what?
    Not sure if you still count as a gamer since you took a Super Dave class, but let me explain in a way I KNOW a USPSA shooter will understand. You know how, when you are at a USPSA match, and hell, sometimes even when you are not at a USPSA match, and you hear a beep that sounds like a timer, even if it's the microwave, you draw and begin to engage without any conscious decision? Because conditioning, you're a dirty gamer, and bad habits get you killed in the streets and shit. You know how it is.

So, as a Timmy, same type of thing happens when you are super, mega, situationally aware (that's a term you would learn in Timmy school): you are walking down the street, hand on your bowie knife or bandanna filled with caltrops or eggshell full of iron filings or what have you, and you are paying close attention to skels and bad dudes that might be creeping around, but without looking like you are paying attention, and you see a little movement out of the corner of your eye, you just about throw down right then and there...but as you are a tiny sliver from delivering death blow after death blow, you realize it was just your reflection in a window as you pass by...that's the life of SWITCHED THE FUCK ON Timmy. Small price to pay, I am telling you.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Rory Miller will be there. He is the real deal and well worth the time.

http://www.amazon.com/Rory-Miller/e/B002M54CNW

Those bios strike me as people who might be trying just a bit too hard to sell themselves as a cadre of bad asses.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Marc MacYoung also wrote in a book that he felt that a sword was a better home defense weapon than a gun for a woman. He also stated that he was in a bullwhip fight.

He was teaching a knife defense at a seminar where the motion was similar to bringing your hand to the side of the head the way you would answer a phone. This served to protect your throat from getting slashed by a knife. He was demonstrating it on stage at someone not going full speed and wound up not doing it in time the rubber knife delivered a simulated slash to his throat.

He turned to the audience as if it were part of the demonstration and asked, "What just happened?"

The response was, "Umm, you got your throat cut."

To which he responded, "Yes, but how deep?"

Basically, it was not a very good defense against a very, very difficult situation, and the instructor who advocated it could not make it work against someone not even going full speed.

I mean WTF? You can't make this stuff up.
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-07-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Looks like some Rex Kwon Do shizzle, my $.02.

Is that Cornered Cat gal the one who threw some sort of shitfit online with West Coast Armory... or was that a Gabby. I think Caleb would know who I'm talking about.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List