Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Speed, Mexican Carry, Situational Awareness and other "Magic Tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Nobody has the requisite SA to see everything coming.
    You must have missed where I said:

"Just goes to show you that situational awareness needs to account for the unexpected. You can see where things are coming from, but only if you can look in all directions. Partnering up makes sense, even if it only means arming a housewife with your BUG"

OK, I get it now! The Latin, the Huckleberry, el al ... I just watched " Tombstone " and it was great, my wife even loved it we watched it together, and drank Amerretto DiSaronnno and ate Moo Goo Gi Pan. What a thrilling movie way better than Keven Costner's version.

~D

"Just" watched Tombstone. 18 year old in mom's basement......that totally confirms it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I am surrounded by heathens. WTF is wrong with you people. You guys love some cartoon about Archie and have never seen Tombstone. Unbelievable.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Digiroc, when you shoot USPSA, are you in revolver or single stack?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I've never seen it either. I don't get out much.
    Come on, man. If I lived in the area I'd be on my way with a six pack and an Apple TV.

If nothing else, your /kid/ needs to see it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    Oddly, I find this the most doubtable post in this thread.
    Well the "Before" and "After" labeling on the sequence of the two photos of my trucks was misleading but true. Unless I've got a body man of truly magical powers, no one could put that one back together. The wrecked 454SS was my first love, tragically destroyed when a deer jumped out in front of me while on a winding road. I Zigged to miss him and the worked well. It was the Zag that got me. I lost the rear end and counter steered into the guardrail at speed.

The truck did a front flip and impacted the pole upside down and backwards. This snapped the pole in half and dropped high voltage transmission lines onto the truck with me still in it. Not for long though, I crawled out one of the shattered windows after I retrieved my .45 (not the Kimber) from the console. Lucky I didn't have it in mexican carry while driving, it probably would have broke my back.

Seconds later I was standing outside the smoking wreck, one shoe on and one shoe off (it was found under the truck) weapon in hand, just looking at it in amazement that I could have survived, especially while the 15,000 volt transmission lines lay across it. Lucky me, the impact of snapping the pole ($11,000) had slapped the wires together and shorted them out.

I don't think I ever felt better than at that moment. Even though I had 3 broken ribs from the impact with the guide rail, and my beloved man toy ride was a smoking ruin I felt just so great to be alive. giddy in fact. I think I must have lol'd, but I'm not sure as I was in adrenaline infused shock. When the first responders arrived, which was very fast as I had knocked out the power to the entire town of Burgettstown, PA with that one. They ignored me standing by like I was invisible and started looking in the cab, then not finding a body they started going over the guard rail into the underbrush when I told them I was the driver. They had as tough a time believing it as you have, Crawls, standing there calmly telling them it was I behind the wheel.

The arriving cops never did see the 1911 in mexican carry because they never did think to look until I pulled out my permit and informed them I was armed. I had one of my guys bring my wife out 'cause I knew I was gonna need a ride. They were both shocked and a bit freaked because I didn't go into the nature of the wreck when I called, my man Carl probably thought he was going to pull me out of a ditch.

By the time they got there my shook was fading, pushed out by the pain in my ribcage and the great sense of loss I was feeling by then for my truck.The wife's shock turned to anger and she emphatically told me, "A vehicle can be replaced, you can not!" I was ready for that one, my response was "Honey, I'm glad you feel that way, because I'm buying another one just like it". Three days later I bought the one in the second picture. I just got it out of Winter storage last night, and other than to drive it up to fill it with Hi-test I've spent the day, a rain out for tree work, doing home office work, and posting here when I felt like responding.

~D

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Digiroc, when you shoot USPSA, are you in revolver or single stack?

Unless that's a typo and you meant USPA (United States Parachute Association) I never heard of them. My backyard is a shooting range. I don't need to go anywhere but just out side my backdoor, in fact I've got a shooting bench on my back patio.

~D
    Last edited by Digiroc; 04-04-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: I'm going to bed I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Digiroc View Post
    You talking' to ME?

I'd never drive a Ford GM all the way! Here is the before:

Attachment 6993

~D
    But were they legit Centerlines?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I've never seen it either. I don't get out much.
    You haven't seen Tombstone?

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Digiroc, you're the first person I've ever seen who seems to have the desire to dump his entire man purse out in one interwebz thread. Are you trying really hard to impress a bunch of strangers, or is it that you just don't have any real friends? Personally, I knew you were full of shit when you combined the words "Kimber" and "carry" in the same sentence. Please post a photo of you finding your ass with both hands because I don't think you can.
    Couldn't let this one slide ^^^ Man purses are for sissys and I have come to share some of my life experiences and thoughts on self defense. Since I've found myself in the Romper Room I've decided to romp. I'll mellow out once my background checks are in and I don't have to be put through what is I guess some sort of right of passage. In the Marines we just had two words to get through, " GANG WAY! "

Real friends are hard to come by and although I have lost quite a few, some younger than me, some older, some tragically, and some as a blessing, I don't lack friendship. I consider all that work with me as "friends" and I'm pretty sure they like me, they keep coming around.

I think your Kimber thing is almost racist, and although I've only got a datapoint of one, after a couple of hundred rounds and finding the right magazines I've had no more failures. I've even begun to bring it along, although it's not the only 1911 I own.

What, they've given you a Glock - so you think it's the best for everyone? Come on, expand your Universe.

~D
    Last edited by Digiroc; 04-04-2016 at 11:03 PM.

User Tag List