Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Todd's service was today. He was my best friend and the best training partner I could ever ask for. Few guys know as much about shooting and training as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Todd's service was today. He was my best friend and the best training partner I could ever ask for. Few guys know as much about shooting and training as he did.
    You guys both always seemed to share how much you learned and grew from knowing each other. His absence has been very apparent, but his spirit lives in through the people like you who he affected. I'm very sorry for your loss.

It's a tiny sliver of good news, but I noticed the Rampage total recently surpassed $25k.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Sucks, dude. Condolences. To all of us.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Like SLG said...Todd's memorial service was today. I think the reality of it is just starting to hit me. Something about crossing the threshold of a funeral home...

At his wife's request, I put together a little video of some of the comments people made after hearing the bad news. Included among them were a number of comments snipped out of this thread. Many that Kim singled out herself.

The things you guys said in this thread helped his family, especially those that didn't really understand what his job was all about, to really see what he did and how well he did it.

Thank you.
    3/15/2016

So sorry for Todd's family and friends. I never got to meet him but he along with the community he helped create here has answered many questions I've had.along with providing my first excellent and free training opportunity.

As someone who is in biomedical research its impressive to see the amount of private research funds raised and I hope his legacy lives on not only in how he has affected the shooting/training industry but hopefully in fighting this disease as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm still not ready. Seriously.
    Me either.

Yesterday, many of Staff/former Staff and SMEs attended Todd's funeral. It was a celebration of Todd as an individual and as a firearms professional. Afterwards, there was a luncheon in which many of your comments on here and FB were shown in a slideshow as many of them were gracious, touching, and thoughtful.

No, I don't have the slideshow but please know that everyone's comments were seen and appreciated by Todd's family.

Also, there was much leakage in the form of tears yesterday.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-03-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I can only imagine how hard that was for you. You two were truly best friends. RIP Todd

TC, that video was very touching and brought tears to the eyes of most people in the room.
    We will all miss Todd greatly!

User Tag List