Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Attacks in Brussels

Site Supporter
    You also see it with cops and soldiers who've just prevailed in a big fight hugging, high fiving, etc. and it looks horrible to the sheep. It's an age old emotion to be happy when you and yours didn't get whacked and it's damn near impossible not to have a smile when you've won a fight for your life. Some of us here know how it feels...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

It would make more sense after the incident is resolved, not while people are literally 3 feet away from you dying on the ground.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Call me an asshole, but if a bomb goes off, and people are killed, and then my wife comes running up unharmed, I don't really GAF how it looks to anyone else when I hug her for somewhere north of 1/25th of a second.

For all we know, the guy on the ground is banged up but essentially fine, anyway.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It would make more sense after the incident is resolved, not while people are literally 3 feet away from you dying on the ground.
    How do you know he is dying? That's just what you're assuming.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

How long until some dipshit says this isn't the #ROP's fault.

Oh wait.

Considering how so many people there are apparently welcoming to refugees from the assholes of the world they're going to keep having things like this happen. Can't fix stupid.
    Considering you don't know if these attacks were committed by people who entered as refugees or were immigrants or born in Europe you are pretty quick in drawing conclusions. Just be aware that this is EXACTLY the same logic used by the anti gun activists every time there is a mass shooting in the US. Don't complain about them because you same logic.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I don't know....it seemed Peally was referring to the religious motivation/ideology of the attackers, more than their potential immigration status. The sad fact is, native born European muslim populations are just as likely to become radicalized at this point. But to ignore the clear and proven danger of jihadi infiltration of the migrant stream is disingenuous at best. I have several muslim friends, myself. Palestinian Sufis, and Iranian Shiites. My Sufi friends are like the mystic hippies of the muslim world. My Iranian friends, who fled Iran when the Islamic Revolution occurred, are astounded at who we are eagerly importing into our countries. One of them told me she has been seeing more and more burka clad women in Marin County in the last year. Her response was "My God! Are you people crazy! Do you know where this leads?" Those who have experienced religious terror are a little sensitive on this topic.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    But dude, the point is "sense" has already been shattered in that environment. Unless you have a schema sitting around in your head That's cover what's going on around chaos is just processed differently.
    Last edited by Chance; 03-23-2016 at 02:09 AM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I don't know....it seemed Peally was referring to the religious motivation/ideology of the attackers, more than their potential immigration status. The sad fact is, native born European muslim populations are just as likely to become radicalized at this point. But to ignore the clear and proven danger of jihadi infiltration of the migrant stream is disingenuous at best. I have several muslim friends, myself. Palestinian Sufis, and Iranian Shiites. My Sufi friends are like the mystic hippies of the muslim world. My Iranian friends, who fled Iran when the Islamic Revolution occurred, are astounded at who we are eagerly importing into our countries. One of them told me she has been seeing more and more burka clad women in Marin County in the last year. Her response was "My God! Are you people crazy! Do you know where this leads?" Those who have experienced religious terror are a little sensitive on this topic.
    You mentioned the "native born European Muslim population" - this is important because there is no E Pluribus Unum in Europe. The Muslims came to Europe and continued to live as Muslims - they may legally be citizens of Belgium, France etc by accident of birth but in terms of cultural identity or allegiance there is no assimilation. The do not see themselves as a French or Belgian who happens to be Muslim but rather as a Muslim / Arab who happens to have a French or Belgian passport.

Unfortunately we are falling down the same suicidal multiculturalist rabbit hole. The Balkans have repeatedly shown us just how bad an idea Balkanization is.

Sadly, Trump is relevant here:

https://youtu.be/NPVFQ_lAXwY

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Piers Morgan (of all people, the gun hating Brit) came out to say that Trump made sense - heard on the news today. Tony Blair came out about the harmful extremes of multiculturalism.

Matter of time till we get an attack of this magnitude here.

BTW - interesting speculation - engineers are more prone to being terrorists:

http://chronicle.com/article/Does-En...ampaignId=2731

PS - surprisingly NY Times columnists like Roger Cohen and Tom Friedman have columns that Obama's seeming lethargy and passivity in the face of Isis is not a good idea. Time to Do something. Seems like an idea to me. I agree that getting stuck in Syria in another incompetently planned (aftermath - not the battle or our forces) war is to be avoided but total avoidance of a threat because more Americans die the bath tube or hit by deer (from one of the columns) is not acceptable. Surprised to read that.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-23-2016 at 11:19 AM.

User Tag List