Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

I would like to thank Todd for putting it all together for me. I had taken classes from a lot of other big names before him but his AFHF class is where it all came together for me. RIP my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Here's an old cell phone video of Todd shooting a 5.5 FAST with the Springfield. I love his reaction when he learned he had a clean run just over 5 seconds.
    I took AFHF in February of 2010 at the "eventful" Memphis class. I was running the timer when Todd demo'ed the FAST. He ran it clean in 5.08. I took no small amount of glee in telling him that he had missed it by .08. I guess he thought I was messing him as he asked to see the timer. I got another "damn" when he realized I was telling the truth.

Todd also had to eat some crow in that class. Tom Givens came out and shot the first cold FAST and put both head shots in the same hole. Todd said that Tom had missed one of his headshots, dare I say gleefully. Tom returned to his office for the rest of the class. At the end of the class, Tom came in again and shot the last FAST drill of the class. This time, Tom's headshots were slightly more dispersed but still mostly overlapped, just enough to be clear that there were two headshots. The look Todd's face was priceless when he realized that he was wrong when he called Tom's first headshots a miss.

Speaking of that class, I call this picture the "Triple Sexy" as it has Todd, William Aprill, and myself:

Yesterday, I did my best to honor Todd. When I got home I played with my dog until she collapsed - twice. I then headed to the range and ran a few FASTs. Finally, my wife and I watch some Archer.
    Last edited by John Hearne; 03-16-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

John,

Are there any other pictures from the Memphis class?

Anyways the Memphis class shows what sort of man Todd was. He didn't wait to see if he had any liability, he almost immediately posted the AAR so other may learn from it.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Yesterday, I did my best to honor Todd. When I got home I played with my dog until she collapsed - twice. I then headed to the range and ran a few FASTs. Finally, my wife and I watch some Archer.
    Dude! You saying that was priceless!
    Last edited by Mr Pink; 03-16-2016 at 09:21 PM.

The impact Todd has had on my life though we never met in real life has been enormous. I've made friends and contacts through this site that have become an important part of my life, and through them met more people. It's not just limited to people though it's also gear. I remember my first appendix holster from Rich at CCC the looper, that Todd had a hand in. Then there is the affect he has had on my training and shooting skills wether direct or indirect. All this has culminated into me being able to better myself and help others do the same. Thank you Todd, thank you so very much. God Speed

Site Supporter
    Damn. I never got the chance to meet or train with Todd. It's a reminder to not put things off. My condolences to his family and friends.

Godspeed.

Wearing the U1 and going to go eat at Chili's tomorrow.
    See ya on the other side dude.

Attachment 6560
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm honestly really sad that I wasn't able to take a class from Todd, and never met him.

That said, his postings and anecdotes shaped who I am as a shooter. I read almost every post on Pistol-Training.com, and have had an account here for years.

I was really hoping that after all this time, and reading the status updates he gave about the cancer that I'd never have to post this:

RIP, Todd Green. You will be missed by many.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

I have to ask, what was eventful at the Memphis class? I probably read the AAR at the time but I don't recall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I'm honestly really sad that I wasn't able to take a class from Todd, and never met him.

That said, his postings and anecdotes shaped who I am as a shooter. I read almost every post on Pistol-Training.com, and have had an account here for years.

I was really hoping that after all this time, and reading the status updates he gave about the cancer that I'd never have to post this:

RIP, Todd Green. You will be missed by many.
    The same for me. Never had the chance to train with him, but Pistol-Training and Pistol-Forum were instrumental in starting me off right when I was just starting to get into shooting.

Thanks for showing me the right path Todd. RIP.

User Tag List