Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Site Supporter
    I'm seeing several screen names in this thread I haven't seen here in years. I think that is a testament to the breadth of Todd's impact on us all as a community.

When I saw the change to the forum's logo and realized what it meant, well, that wasn't a good moment, but it's absolutely fitting that the place he created should remember him that way.

I'm not sure there's much I can say that others haven't already said. I never got to meet him, but I wish I had. Many of the things he wrote, both here and on P-T.com, caused me to think about things differently and to learn. Thank you, ToddG. You will be missed.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    RIP. Never met the man, and really wish I had.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Todd was a phenomenal instructor. He taught me how to shoot more accurately, faster but more than the shooting skill watching how good he was at teaching made me a better instructor.

I was fortunate to host one of the last classes he taught before he was forced to retire from instructing.

His blog and this forum have improved the state of handgunnery or at least educated more people on the best methods of the art.

The world is worse off for his loss. He will be missed.

Here's Todd doing the Triple Nickle at the AFHF class I hosted (don't even remember the year)

https://youtu.be/1iokEhTGTfo

And doing what he did best (training others) and keeping things rolling.

https://youtu.be/2-r4docwQLY

Here he is running me through the FAST. Got a 7.04 that day using my Ruger P94. So close to making it on the wall I'd have cried if I didn't know I gave it my all.
    He showed me how to shave 3 seconds off my FAST time in on class!

"Peace be upon him"

"...that he be remembered by a good range day with friends. "
    Little Lebowski

After tonight's IDPA match at Phoenix Rod & Gun Club, we did just that.
    Earnest Langdon, Kurt Von Rice , Rob Moore, Jacob Wedge ,Sean M. & myself on the line doing a 36 gun salute in the form of a 6 man FAST drill.
    In honor of Todd.

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 03-18-2016 at 07:37 PM. Reason: embedded video

Site Supporter
    I feel seriously diminished and saddened. Todd moved the needle in pistol shooting as a sport, hobby, and lifestyle, like no one else.

Damn. RIP Todd.

Site Supporter
    Rest in Peace Brother. I was very honored to be your friend. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

User Tag List