Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Lots has been said that reflect the positive impact on what ToddG has done for the defensive pistol shooting community. For me, it completely changed the way I thought about carrying a gun for defense and being prepared to use it if that day comes.

My condolences to his family during this time.

Here is a happy memory of Todd challenging my son, 13 at that time, to a duel on the plate rack back in 2011.

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I am another internet consumer of Todd's methods who regrets not having had the opportunity to take his classes. Nevertheless, his writings, videos, and the great community he has created here have been of great value to me. I will think about the guy everytime I put my thumb on a gadget or run a FAST.
    That's exactly the way I feel.

Some worthy men are denied the privilege of growing old.

Condolences to his friends and family.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

In about 2011/2012 I decided to get serious about shooting. A search of the internet for drils, technique and I came upon Todd's blog. Soon thereafter the forum....

During this time I kept seeing Origami's videos and I noticed something very distinct. He was training in my range! Then one day he posted he planned to take the plunge and shoot USPSA. I had literally shot just a match or two myself but sure enough I spotted him at a match. I recognized him from his videos. No joke, he was looking to download all his carry guns. Origami and I have been friends since.

A couple matches later Origimi told me that some friends of his were bringing in Todd for AFHF and there was an opening if I wanted it! This was the first time in my life I ever paid for training with my own money.

I shot the class in duty gear with a P30 LEM!

Todd was an amazing instructor and I learned so much. He really was a huge inspiration at a pivotal moment in my "career." He was a good guy. His class was top notch. He was a great instructor and had good information. For somebody who wasn’t a top level competitor or prior military/LE he was able to build a successful brand.
    Last edited by nwhpfan; 03-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    A71593

"Death had to take Todd sleeping, for if he had been awake, there would have been a fight."

Thank you Todd for helping me when I first started shooting with your writing, information and this forum. If you're close to Todd and his family, please make sure his wife has whatever she needs in her time of need and let us know if she needs anything.

fuck cancer.

LL, thank you for this thread. I'm very saddened by this news. Prayers to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    I shot the class in duty gear with a P30 LEM!
    You did the LEM proud that weekend.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Today's Earworm:

Especially verse two...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I'll offer my prayers for Todd and his family.

What sucks is that I met him once a long time ago, not just in passing, and I was not impressed. When I joined here I wondered, "Is that the same Todd G?" Maybe we'd have never hit it off, but I feel like I missed the best of him. My condolences to all of you who were friends with him.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I posted the below on my TYV FB page.

He and I very often disagreed, disliked one another, talked shit behind each other's backs, fought, argued, and generally did not get along.

But, I do believe he contributed a lot to the training industry, and the firearms community as a whole. The idea that people should be accountable for their training, quantifying & documenting their progress, and defending their opinions based in facts and experiences, were all ideas that he vehemently championed.

In addition the idea that a non-LE, non-military, regular dude has something to contribute to the discussion when the topic is folks of a similar background and their self-defense choices.

He also reached out to me personally at a time when my life was turning itself upside down, which always meant a lot to me and changed my opinion of him as a person for the better.

I'm sorry to see him go, and I will miss our disagreements tremendously.

When I got out of work and saw that BaiHu had contacted me about this, my heart wrenched.

He was a fantastic instructor, and I took 3 of his courses. They were not only the most productive courses I've taken in developing skill, but they were the most fun. He was incredibly influential in where I took my shooting goals/skill development, and I'm glad that I had the chance to interact with him. All of you guys who never got a single class in with him......ya'll really did miss out.

Probably one of the best memories I have of him are sitting in a hotel lobby with BaiHu and Todd, and the ensuing horribly unPC conversations that developed...which prompted hotel guests give us looks as they walked by. God damn, his conversations were great.

In his afterlife, I hope heaven accepts his Archer innuendos and puns, because otherwise Heaven is in for a shock. I'm sure he won't have time for it though, because he's probably already found a Belgian Mal that is eating up his time.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List