Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

This sucks.

I remember when I first encountered and interacted with Todd online, we did not just go at it, we went at with hammer and tongs. Back and forth on a couple of forums, with vitriol and immature anger (on my part). Then, when we met in person over dinner, I realized that his sarcasm that I despised so much online was almost always first directed at himself, and he was the first one to laugh when the joke was on him. Not only did we become friends then and there, he immediately took it upon himself to offer advice, moral support, and public encouragement on my efforts to teach and do seminars. He always had time to pat me on the back or push me to get myself out there more.

Some people slotted Todd in the non-tactical category because he never served mil or LE. I am telling anyone who will listen that he was a warrior to the bone. No one kicks cancer's ass for so long like he did without being a bad ass MoFo. I hope that I can face the Reaper like he did and say out loud "bite me buddy".

RIP TLG. Thank you for your friendship, inspiration, and your writing. Hold a spot on the line for me.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I first met Todd in early 2005, when he was my Sig rep. I called him up in a fit of frustration and said "Your guns effing suck. I hate Sigs." Todd's reply: "let's meet at the range and work through it". Todd became my training partner for the next three years and a good friend for more than a decade. I met Todd when I had been carrying a gun for a living for nearly a decade, but Todd taught me how to shoot and how to train. More than that, he was my friend.

RIP and condolences

My deepest condolences to his family and those of you here who knew him well. It's a sad day for certain, great loss to the community here. Rest in peace ToddG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I regret not having the opportunity to meet and train with Todd. While we never met, I've learned much from his writings.

I will keep his family and friends in my prayers.

RIP Sir.

I've always admired how Todd brings people together and his dedication to serving others. We've never met but I will definitely miss him. If he can impact a guy like me in such a great way, I can only imagine what he's done for others. Thanks for being Todd.

RIP Todd.
    Prayers and condolences go out to your family and friends. I never knew you, but the stories here speak volumes.

Thank you Todd for your efforts with pistol-training.com and pistol-forum.com. You turned me on to AIWB.

I first encountered Todd a long while back. A great deal of knowledge was gained on my part from that experience.

All my thoughts and condolences to his wife and family.

Fair winds and following seas...

I first met Todd and SLG at the SHOT Show, back in 2008 I would guess. That first quick meeting spawned the SME. Really saddened by the news.

User Tag List