Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Cobra...someday

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I know nothing of revolvers. I need a class and a loaner.
    Revolver Round up. A few spaces available, I will loan you guns and leather. Wayne and I, Tom Givens and Mike DeBethancourt, and likely a couple special guest instructors.....you'll be all set, and get to eat some great BBQ.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Wow. Great Diamondback with a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Revolver Round up. A few spaces available, I will loan you guns and leather. Wayne and I, Tom Givens and Mike DeBethancourt, and likely a couple special guest instructors.....you'll be all set, and get to eat some great BBQ.
    Link?

and that Diamondback deserves it's own thread...very cool.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Another potentially savings reducing thread. I remember back in '84 when I bought my first handgun. The Dan Wesson was sitiing right next to the Diamondback in the case. IIRC, the DW was about $150-200 less than the DB. Being a poor college kid, I picked the DW and a few boxes of shells. Left money for beer.

Dumb
    Dumb
    Dumb
    Last edited by entropy; 02-26-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Link?

and that Diamondback deserves it's own thread...very cool.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....p-2016-Oct-8-9

I ll do something on the Diamondback. I need to find a small enough Allen wrench to get the trigger shoe off. I already have a pristine set of factory detective special grips on it like those used in the movie Bullitt. I will likely get some of the factory square bottom service stocks, but they get a ton of money for them, and I prefer the Det. special grips anyways. Those rosewood Jay Scott grips are on my other Diamondback as a place holder till I get some more Spegels.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Stop making me wish I hadn't sold off my Cobra
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    The 2 1/2 inch Diamondback is one of my favorite snubbies. My Dad had one of these, and it was one of the guns I learned to shoot handguns with. The adjustable sights are significantly easier to see than the fixed sights on the newer Detective Specials.

My Colt revolvers don't see much range time anymore due in part to decreasing parts availability.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Beautiful. When I was an instructor, we had one of those in out training cache of weapons that I lusted after. As usual, you're reminding me of all the guns I should have held onto.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Agreed that the D frame guns are cool. Carried a Cobra in an ankle rig for a couple of years working detectives. I've got several of them, but they don't get shot much for the reasons mentioned. Should have picked up a Diamondback a long time ago. I really like the 2.5" .22 LR versions, but I won't pay the going rate for one.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Here's my cobra. It was made in 1957. I've posted it before but not since I got a hammer shroud for it.

It came drilled for the shroud but didn't come with one. So I antiqued a new shroud so I wouldn't look old on the old cobra. This cobra belonged to deputy joe Salazar. He worked in Arizona. A wwii vet that served in the army air Corp flying supplies over the berma hump. After the surrender he went into law enforcement. The cobra was his bug/off duty gun. The bluing is almost gone. Some of the corners are worn rounded. The checkering on the grips are smooth. Joe carried the cobra a lot. I carry it occasionally, around the house, sometimes in my carhart pocket and sometimes as a bug. It shoots wadcutters poa/poi and if I do my part into a ragged hole. A safe queen or sock drawer gun it is not but just a workin gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List