Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Cobra...someday

Combat Cobra...someday

Just thought I would post a picture of my Colt Covra that has become one of my favorite guns....and it is totally emotional. I own newer, better, more practical, and reliable revolvers. For some reason, this one has that feeling about it of great balance...physical, emotional, and a desire for a life where this would be the only gun I needed.
    It is an older short frame Cobra. Red painted sight, blue, great action, and it is now wearing my high end Panamanian Cocobolo Spegel Checkered Boot grips. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 02-26-2016 at 06:46 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nice, as usual.

Defines Passion Of The Gun!

Love the old Colt snubbies with the exposed, unsupported ejector rod, whether Dick Special, Cobra or Agent.
    There's just something about that old classic design, difficult to define but easy to appreciate.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Other side.......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

There have been big city detectives who spent whole careers with just one of these things. It makes sense if you play the numbers and percentages....but I still have a hard time with it for more than around the house or inside the walls. I can see why such legends as Jim Cirillo was never without one, and Tom Givens has one on his ankle most of the time.

I was putting some of my D frames away last night in the vault as I have figured with the VP 9's, the M&P340's, and the 642's, I have enough guns around......but I just couldn't put the Cobra away. I am planning on getting another set of extended versions of these grips on one of my 2.5" Diamondbacks that should be gorgeous as well.

Nobody would object if you posted pictures of Diamondbacks.

I had a 4" 22 Diamondback in the mid 80's. One of many guns I dearly wish I had kept. I passed on a 2 1/2" 38 Diamondback in the 90's, another regret, not grabbing it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    In before "it'll get you killed in the streets." Love revolvers. Love snubbies. Want a DS.

I know nothing of revolvers. I need a class and a loaner.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Nobody would object if you posted pictures of Diamondbacks.

I had a 4" 22 Diamondback in the mid 80's. One of many guns I dearly wish I had kept. I passed on a 2 1/2" 38 Diamondback in the 90's, another regret, not grabbing it.
    Just got this one from an 82 year old lady who bought it new in 1972, they put grips on it, a trigger shoe and loaded it for her at the shop where she bought it. Sat in the closet till I bought it last week. That is really the story that emphasizes how many folks in America are armed. Had the gun as a "insurance policy" for over four decades.....and it was never fired.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 02-26-2016 at 10:22 PM.

User Tag List