PDA

View Full Version : Roundtable of the Enemy-U. of Chicago Gun Control Panel

GardoneVT
10-20-2013, 07:05 PM
"If you know both yourself and your enemy ,you can win numerous (literally, "a hundred") battles without jeopardy"

-Sun Tzu.

As gut wrenching as it is to watch this video ( start at 20:32 ) , I think we need to see it to understand the monster we face. Those of you who've lived in "Free America" may not grasp the cultural threat these jerks represent.The more we know about these turds, the better we can oppose their arguments and undermine their future plans to shut our rights down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NABTiVUnh0

JRB
10-21-2013, 02:59 AM
"If you know both yourself and your enemy ,you can win numerous (literally, "a hundred") battles without jeopardy"

-Sun Tzu.

As gut wrenching as it is to watch this video ( start at 20:32 ) , I think we need to see it to understand the monster we face. Those of you who've lived in "Free America" may not grasp the cultural threat these jerks represent.The more we know about these turds, the better we can oppose their arguments and undermine their future plans to shut our rights down.

It's a bunch of older white guys in various positions of influence or elected power, gathered at the University of Chicago to use big words in calm voices to (attempt to) rationalize their deeply-rooted cognitive dissonance about gun ownership as a whole, whilst toting the old flag of 'the bad guns are coming from other states' and 'we need FEDERAL laws to be as strict as ours, THEN it'll all get better.'
The old party line generic anti-gun narrative quips get thrown in, with emphasis on ridiculing the concept of competent self-defense by 'regular citizens'.
By doing all of this in calm, rational, resonating voices in an auditorium clearly makes them educated and correct on this matter

There is literally nothing about that video that further informs us or educates us as to the nature or mindset of Chicago politicians in regards to self-defense and firearm ownership - it does, however, paint dear old Tom Brokaw as something of a Zumbo.

ACP230
10-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Brokaw would have to improve a whole lot to be a Zumbo.

WobblyPossum
10-21-2013, 10:37 PM
The second guy from the left, the newspaper editor, came off as fairly well informed and logical. While not exactly on our side, he did bring up the fact that the AWB was based entirely on nonsensical cosmetic features instead of functionality, and targeted a subset of firearms used in less than 1% of gun homicides. I think it was also him who brought up that the notion that violent video games cause people to become violent is just this decade's version of D&D, rock music, comic books, and Marilyn Manson.

Sal Picante
10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
I went to UofC - sad that we've gotten away from teachings of Milton Friedman, Hayek and Lott.

Whatev. Haters 'gon hate.

John Ralston
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Any former or current host of an NBC News show ISN'T on our side. NBC has a very long history of being Left Wing and Anti-Gun.

Rahm - "58% of the guns we recover in crimes come from outside IL" Of course he fails to mention that they don't prosecute any of those crimes. http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/03/28/chicago-los-angeles-new-york-prosecuted-fewest-federal-gun-crimes

Dagga Boy
10-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I would so love a shot at debating any one of these idiots in a venue like that.......:mad:.

Chuck Whitlock
10-24-2013, 04:19 AM
I would so love a shot at debating any one of these idiots in a venue like that.......:mad:.

I'd watch that on Pay-Per-View!