PDA

View Full Version : New Major Match idea from the NRA - 2014 Multi-Disipline National Championships...

PPGMD
10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
*Archer*It's a working title! Idiots!*Archer* - It is always a good day when I can quote Archer.

Anyways I got Tom's permission to post this.

All,
Good morning,
I hope all is well with you & yours and that your competition season was fun & rewarding. We wanted to let you know, we are currently developing a Multi-Discipline Championship, if you have any ideas or suggestions we would like to hear from you, we are also looking for a name, and would like suggestions for that as well. We certainly think this is a very good opportunity for the whole sport of pistol competition, and could quite possibly get all of us closer to being a nationally recognized sporting event.

Here is the basic idea:
1. Six Stages, 2 NRA, 2 USPSA & 2 IDPA to be determined later
2. Two Divisions, Production/ Stock Service Pistol (SSP); Metallic/Limited/Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP)
3. Minimum trigger weight of all discipline’s
4. Same scoring of each discipline stage
5. Three days, Registration, 2 competition days
6. Two Division Champions, Overall Men & Lady Champion awarded Colored Jacket & or specific colored shooting gear
7. Shoot off of top 2 for the Win of overall champion(s)
8. To be held at the end of the Pistol Competition season: Oct or Nov, location unknown, maybe in Las Vegas

We would like both USPSA & IDPA to partner with us in getting staff and providing a member of the Championship Staff, either Match Director, Range Director or Chief Referee these would be determined later. We would name the Stages as presented by USPSA & NRA or IDPA & NRA, sponsored by: ? We are going to ask the NRA, IDPA & USPSA to set a booth and or a qualifier side event, anything to highlight the pistol competition sport.

The NRA is planning on announcing this Championship in a major press release in December, before the Shot Show. My office has been tasked with drawing a budget and preparing an Official Program, we will be preparing that next week.

This email will be going out to all competitors & sponsors with an email address that attended the Bianchi Cup this year, as well as President’s of USPSA - Phil Strader & Joyce Wilson of IDPA & the NRA Action Pistol Committee.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Tom…

Tom Hughes

National Manager – Pistol Department
Competitive Shooting Division
*snip phone numbers, not sure he would want that posted*
THughes@nrahq.org

Check www.nrablog.com for the latest NRA headlines

I sent him an email with the following questions...
On adding Steel Challenge:
There will be a Steel Challenge stage, part of USPSA.

On gun, and gear differences:
One gun for all stages, one holster & belt, no need to get new equipment. The only thing everyone will need is a concealment garment for the IDPA stages. One set of safety rules for all stages, very simple, we want to keep it open to everyone, with very little restrictions.

If we bend the specific discipline rule, we will make it clear that it only applies at this championship.