PDA

View Full Version : You're still dead in the eyes of the law...

BaiHu
10-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Stranger than fiction...

http://feedly.com/k/15mWjYK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

BLR
10-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm going to derail you a bit, buddy.

There seems to be a discarding of "doing the right thing" in favor of doing the wage slave thing. Take the judge, the park service Leo's, the Pentagon, and the gov't in general.

When is the line going to be crossed? When do you say, as a park ranger "I'm not going to do this?"

At what level does the "I was just following orders" excuse start to fail?

In other words, shouldn't we expect more from a public servant? Be it a judge, LEO, or whatever?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

ToddG
10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
There is a reason the law sets a limited time to reverse declaration of death.

This guy's been gone for twenty-seven years. His family has received Social Security benefits that they'd have to pay back. Perhaps they received insurance payments that they'd have to pay back. Perhaps they sold a house, car, or other property that Miller legally owned and now they'd be liable for that.

BaiHu
10-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Let me be clear, I didn't criticize this link at all; I just said it was 'stranger than fiction.' I think the judge is right, but it's still hilarious to me to have someone say you're legally dead as you walk out of the court house :p

jetfire
10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
So if he's legally dead, does that mean he doesn't have to pay taxes? I'm not being glib, I'm genuinely curious.

Dagga Boy
10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Or, can he legally commit a crime.........my devious mind is at work thinking about having a Judge's legal order that in the eyes of the court you are dead.........:cool:.

MDS
10-09-2013, 09:16 AM
If he finds someone with motive and opportunity (eg, mutual enmity) and opportunity, could he provide himself as the body and convict his worst enemies of murder?