PDA

View Full Version : HK Tech Question

BCA
10-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi, will pulling back the hammer on a HK equipped with LEM going to damage the firearm? I was showing my new P30 to my father, and when I come back, he is thumbing the hammer all of the way back :confused:

Thanks guys!

gtmtnbiker98
10-08-2013, 07:55 PM
If it's assembled, no. If disassembled and thumbing and releasing the hammer, not good.

BCA
10-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks! The handgun was assembled. The only thing different I noticed between manually pulling back the hammer, and actually pulling the trigger to activate the hammer, was the hammer made a clicking noise when pulling back manually..

WDW
10-08-2013, 07:59 PM
How come a service pistol can literally survive hell, but if you hand it to your wife or father in law they find a way to instantly break or damage it?

1986s4
10-09-2013, 08:26 AM
How come a service pistol can literally survive hell, but if you hand it to your wife or father in law they find a way to instantly break or damage it?

Because no engineer, even the uber engineers of HK, can accurately predict what new and creative ways ones relatives will invent to break your stuff. Ask my son about the rock simple push mower he destroyed, looked like Superman was practicing his knot tying with the handle...

BCA
10-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks again guys, but does anyone know about the clicking noise I posted about above?

TR675
10-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Because no engineer, even the uber engineers of HK, can accurately predict what new and creative ways ones relatives will invent to break your stuff. Ask my son about the rock simple push mower he destroyed, looked like Superman was practicing his knot tying with the handle...

Leave a marine alone with three bowling balls. When you come back one will be broken, one will be missing, and one will be pregnant.

The first two also apply to fathers in law.

JMS
10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
....and that Marine will insist that he was only issued two....

shooter220
10-09-2013, 06:55 PM
While I don't know the HK system well - I suspect that noise you were hearing was the hammer engaging the trigger/sear "the other way" - the catch on the hammer that would normally be pushed by the trigger mechanism was probably making contact in way other than how it was engineered to work, so you heard the clicking. Doesn't mean any harm was done. It is kind of like cocking a DA revolver in my mind - when you do it you will hear several clicks that you may or may not hear when you pull the trigger through the full DA stroke.

-shooter

WDW
10-09-2013, 08:44 PM

That's the damn truth. Several years ago, a friends wife wanted to see a G19, I unloaded mine & handed it to her slide locked to the rear.

Before I could blink, she had it pointed at her face & pulled the trigger, snapped the the little safety tab in the trigger right off! Seriously, if you hand a gun to someone who has never held one, the first thing they do is point it at their face & pull the trigger. I call it the Cobain Phenomenon.

1986s4
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Leave a marine alone with three bowling balls. When you come back one will be broken, one will be missing, and one will be pregnant.

The first two also apply to fathers in law.

Funny you should mention fathers-in-law. Mine knows everything, just ask him.....

JAD
10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
. I call it the Cobain Phenomenon.
While he was pretty much a smelly hippie whiner, Kurt was a firearms owner and proponent of carry.