PDA

View Full Version : Hollow point not opening up liability?

Sunday
10-08-2013, 04:45 PM
While this may sound foolish [ yes I was pondering the thought, please forgive] lets say you are using hollow point ammo and for some reason it doesn't open up and passes through "the bad guy" and hits an innocent could should the ammo company be responsible for the failure to expand because you purchased the hollow point on the expectation that it would be the safer option as compared to a ball type round?

Kobalt60
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM
While this may sound foolish [ yes I was pondering the thought, please forgive] lets say you are using hollow point ammo and for some reason it doesn't open up and passes through "the bad guy" and hits an innocent could should the ammo company be responsible for the failure to expand because you purchased the hollow point on the expectation that it would be the safer option as compared to a ball type round?

Always be sure of your target and what's behind it...

Its on you, although there's no limit to who the victims can sue in civil court.

hufnagel
10-08-2013, 05:07 PM
why are you taking the shot anyways? what if you missed instead of the JHP failing to flower? same issue like Kobalt60 said... know your target and what's beyond.

(there are of course, exceptions to every rule. but your scenario didn't detail any of them.

Sunday
10-08-2013, 05:36 PM
This is not a "should have" post and there is no mention of should have or "why did you " answer . It is a question that you purchases a hollow point ammo because hollow points open up and there is the expectation the hollow point should not pass through and through. Product performance and liability question.

BLR
10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Is a ammo manufacture guaranteeing the bullet won't penetrate?

It'd day it's on you, hombre.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

ToddG
10-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Is a ammo manufacture guaranteeing the bullet won't penetrate?

Exactly.

It'd day it's on you, hombre.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard an engineer say that...

BLR
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Son of a son of a puppy.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

BoppaBear
10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
This is not a "should have" post and there is no mention of should have or "why did you " answer . It is a question that you purchases a hollow point ammo because hollow points open up and there is the expectation the hollow point should not pass through and through. Product performance and liability question.

You pull the trigger, not the ammo company. The Super Zombie Killer Laser Beam 2000 ammo isn't at fault, unless it can be proven to have spontaneously combusted.

Although, many people like to blame firearm malfunctions for their "accidental discharges", so I suppose one could blame the ammo for causing collateral damage by way of non-expansion 🙀

NOTE: Edited posts brought to you by autocorrect and Tapatalk

jkurtz7
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM

You alone are responsible for every bullet you launch, your the one on the trigger.