PDA

View Full Version : Terry McAuliffe pledges Colorado like gun control if elected

Kyle Reese
09-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Virginians need to vote accordingly in November.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/23/Terry-McAuliffe-Pledges-Colorado-like-Gun-Control-If-Elected

LittleLebowski
09-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Virginians need to vote accordingly in November.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/23/Terry-McAuliffe-Pledges-Colorado-like-Gun-Control-If-Elected

Someone hasn't been reading the news out of Colorado......

JV_
09-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Someone hasn't been reading the news out of Colorado......He may not care, VA Governors can't serve 2 consecutive terms...

LittleLebowski
09-24-2013, 08:56 AM
He may not care, VA Governors can't serve 2 consecutive terms...

I believe that he thinks this pandering to the left will help him get elected. If he's committed to CO style gun laws, it might have been wiser to wait until he was elected instead of pissing off VA's sizable gun owner population. He might be hoping that pandering to Northern VA's sizable liberal voter population might tip him over into winning.

fuse
09-24-2013, 10:24 AM
We did vote Obama, twice...

not good

LittleLebowski
09-24-2013, 10:26 AM
We did vote Obama, twice...

not good

Northern VA ruins the rest of the state.

Dagga Boy
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM

Metropolitan population centers are ruining most states.

RoyGBiv
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM

Put a pencil on a string.
Place the other end of the string on DC.
Trace an arc = 90 minutes (rush hour) drive time around downtown DC (roughly Dale City through Leesburg).
Secede the circumscribed land area to Maryland.

LHS
09-24-2013, 11:30 AM

That's why we seceded 150 years ago.

TAZ
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Metropolitan population centers are ruining most states.

Exactly. Overpopulated metro areas are the mob mentality of political thinking. Just as mobs devolve to the lowest common denominator so do large metro areas. Neither rise to the top, but sink low and fast.

Large metro centers should be outlawed. All that concrete and hot air can't be good for mother Gaya.... If it saves on polar bear it's worth it.

LittleLebowski
09-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Just need to reintroduce endangered wolves into East Coast cities. THEY WERE THERE FIRST!

Dropkick
09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Why Colorado? Why not go full retard and say California? Or New York?

Suvorov
09-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Just need to reintroduce endangered wolves into East Coast cities. THEY WERE THERE FIRST!

I often make a similar suggestion when I'm meeting some of my Wife's friends from Berkley during social occasions. I tell them how the California Brown Bear needs to be reintroduced to California, after all it is on the state flag AND they were here first. They really seem to be enjoying the conversation until I tell them that we would start with downtown San Francisco and Santa Monica as it would also help solve the homeless problem. We usually leave the party after that.

Matt O
09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Put a pencil on a string.
Place the other end of the string on DC.
Trace an arc = 90 minutes (rush hour) drive time around downtown DC (roughly Dale City through Leesburg).
Secede the circumscribed land area to Maryland.

Hey now...some of us are northern Virginia captives who haven't been able to escape yet.

Makes me think fondly back to the way the area was when my family first moved there - lots of countryside, smaller townships and not much had been nova-fied outside of Tysons Corner.

ToddG
09-24-2013, 01:46 PM
... as it would also help solve the homeless problem.

Sir, I would like to buy you a beer.

RoyGBiv
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM
I often make a similar suggestion when I'm meeting some of my Wife's friends from Berkley during social occasions. I tell them how the California Brown Bear needs to be reintroduced to California, after all it is on the state flag AND they were here first. They really seem to be enjoying the conversation until I tell them that we would start with downtown San Francisco and Santa Monica as it would also help solve the homeless problem. We usually leave the party after that.

That will never fly with the Berkley crowd.
Processing that sort of humor and irony requires meat proteins.

jc000
09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
How does this even work? Would this McAuliffe proposal even fly in the Virginia legislature?

TCinVA
09-24-2013, 04:47 PM
How does this even work? Would this McAuliffe proposal even fly in the Virginia legislature?

Unknown, but the leadership of the house and senate has killed many a pro gun bill. Combine that with an anti gun governor interested in getting his liberal bonafides in for a higher office run and the results could be just as shocking as Colorado.

As Colorado and NYS show, you can't take these things for granted. Cucinelli wrote and worked hard for pro gun legislation for a long time in the legislature. He's a reliable opponent of any anti gun legislation and is likely to make any gun control attempts a dead issue from the get go.

Lots of people have apparently taken leave of their senses and are believing absolute nonsense about Cucinelli based on Macauliffe campaign propaganda and claim they will vote for a "libertarian" in the race. Which is damn stupid.

jc000
09-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Unknown, but the leadership of the house and senate has killed many a pro gun bill. Combine that with an anti gun governor interested in getting his liberal bonafides in for a higher office run and the results could be just as shocking as Colorado.

As Colorado and NYS show, you can't take these things for granted. Cucinelli wrote and worked hard for pro gun legislation for a long time in the legislature. He's a reliable opponent of any anti gun legislation and is likely to make any gun control attempts a dead issue from the get go.

Lots of people have apparently taken leave of their senses and are believing absolute nonsense about Cucinelli based on Macauliffe campaign propaganda and claim they will vote for a "libertarian" in the race. Which is damn stupid.

I wholeheartedly agree about Cuccinelli. I have yet to meet him, but by all accounts he is a scrupulous, thoughtful, an truly decent person. There need to be more of us singing his praises. This is the type of guy we want on the national stage.

Tamara
09-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Large metro centers should be outlawed.

Come get some, then. :p

Chris Rhines
09-24-2013, 08:02 PM

I'm interested in the 'nonsense' - any details? I'd like to believe that Cuccinelli is something other than a SoCon witchburner with a closet full of ethical skeletons and a history of using his office to intimidate political opponents...

jc000
09-24-2013, 08:08 PM
I'd like to believe that Cuccinelli is something other than a SoCon witchburner with a closet full of ethical skeletons and a history of using his office to intimidate political opponents...

I doubt that.