PDA

View Full Version : Kenyan Gun Laws

BLR
09-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Civilians are not allowed to possess automatic and semi-automatic self-loading military assault rifles of 7.62mm or 5.56mm caliber, or of any other caliber specified by the Minister.

Or firearms fitted with sound suppressors.

Or AK-47, G3 and MP5 and other similar firearms as may be specified by the Minister.

*From GunPolicy.org

I've been trying to get hold of Piers for comment ;)

Kyle Reese
09-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Interesting.

So what you're saying is that Al-Shabab procured the weapons they're using illegally? :eek:

BLR
09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Interesting.

So what you're saying is that Al-Shabab procured the weapons they're using illegally? :eek:

I'll be honest, I was utterly amazed there is such a thing as a black market for guns. This has shaken me to the core.

NETim
09-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Interesting.

Damn the NRA! Kill their children!

TAZ
09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Guys is it the fault of the sh*theads doing the killing. It's all those neighboring stated with lax gun laws that enable this kind of behavior. If we could have mor common sense global gun laws this tragedy would never have happened.

dbateman
09-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Guys is it the fault of the sh*theads doing the killing. It's all those neighboring stated with lax gun laws that enable this kind of behavior. If we could have mor common sense global gun laws this tragedy would never have happened.

I hope you're joking.

LHS
09-26-2013, 08:43 PM
I hope you're joking.

I'm almost certain he is.

Suvorov
09-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm almost certain he is.

But I'm also almost certain this will be the angle the antis us to spin it off as a need for more gun control. Because in their mind, the fact that your average American citizen can own a semi-automatic "mil-spec" rifle without the permission of their government makes our land as lawless as Somalia.

Odin Bravo One
09-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Because in their mind, the fact that your average American citizen can own a semi-automatic "mil-spec" rifle without the permission of their government makes our land as lawless as Somalia.

I'll be happy to provide one way transportation so they can make a first hand assessment of those thoughts.....................

Sunday
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
What we are missing here is,,, if our Kenyan "obama" would have had his gun ban passed do you think it would have stopped the massacre from happening?
:o:o:o