PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ran a group buy on parts? Offspring from DocGKR's gun choice thread.

YVK
09-21-2013, 09:08 PM
So, I've been thinking about this M&P accuracy issues. So far, the anecdotal data suggest that oversized barrels +/- improved twist have helped. While this is unconfirmed, it seems like most people are happy with fitted Storm Lake barrels, and Apex barrel has improved barrel fit as a key feature.

Apex are a hostage to Barsto, and oversized Storm Lake is barely available from one vendor, who may or may not be a preferred choice.

I wonder what would it take to organize a p-f.com group buy of oversized storm lake barrels? How much interest will it have here?

An appreciable concern is that we really don't know if those barrels help. Second concern is that they still need to be fitted. I also have another concern that has to do with depleting potential Apex' customer base if their barrel makes it.

Just pitching an idea.

98z28
09-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I'd be down for at least two, even if it means being a guinea pig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

tremiles
09-21-2013, 10:41 PM
I'd also be down for one. I'm on a waiting list for the SL fitted barrel at G&R.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Tamara
09-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I'd take one, if only because I'm a gear ho'.

Chris Rhines
09-22-2013, 09:56 AM
If this could happen, I'd be down for a 5" 9mm barrel.

JM Campbell
09-22-2013, 09:57 AM
mark me down for 2 if it happens.

reloader550
09-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I have been waiting for barsto to introduce the barrel that they and apex tactical were working on. Have no idea if this is a viable option anymore, no one has been talking about the barsto /apex barrels for awhile. So instead of letting my full size M&P 9mm sit in my gun safe (waiting for barsto), I sent the gun back to the mother ship this past week. Accuracy being the main issue with the gun, shotgun size patterns/vertical strings. My M&P has the slower twist barrel, test fire date on the envelope of 6/11/2011.I will report back with an update when I get the gun back from Smith& Wesson hopefully the accuracy issue will be resolved.:rolleyes: