PDA

View Full Version : Spair Parts Advice For G22 And It's "Problems" Gen 3 G22

JM Campbell
05-22-2011, 08:57 AM
First off I don't own Glocks, this info is for my Father. He has a G22 and we will be attending a two day training session in the future together and I would like to have the proper parts on hand if a situation arises.

My Father is not a "shooter" but I would really like to get him on the way to being one, so being ready for any issues with minimal down time is my goal.

To this date his Gen 3 G22 has had no issues.

Thank You for your time and advice.

Kyle Reese
05-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Recoil spring assembly

Extractor

Maintenance is critical, and with a Gen 3 Glock 22 I'd replace the recoil spring assy every 2,000 rounds or so. It's inexpensive and a drop in part, so there's no harm done.

Push comes to shove, get a spare G 22 and put it in the range bag.

How many rounds thru this gun now?

JV_
05-22-2011, 10:38 AM
slide lock & spring

JM Campbell
05-22-2011, 12:52 PM
There has been about 750 rounds through it as if now. Granted that is a low count with no problems to date.

I will pick up the suggested items and bring them with me.

It's kind of hard not living in the same state to help out as much as I like to.

KevH
06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I change my G22's recoils spring assembly and magazine springs either once a year (January) or every 2,500 rounds. I also swap out the stock trigger return spring at the same time although I've only seen two break in the past nine years (department guns).

More than likely your dad's Glock will just be fine with nothing more than swapping out the recoil spring assembly every now and then. Glock 22's are weird guns in that they either work with a light attached or they do not. If you have one that does then changing out the recoil spring assembly and mag springs are the most important preventative maintenance you can do.

JM Campbell
06-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you for the advice KevH. I'll pass along the info.