PDA

View Full Version : Are California Gun Owners TOTALLY F'ed?

John Ralston
09-20-2013, 04:29 PM
From all those bills on the Gov's desk, it would appear that shooters in CA are going to be extinct.

GardoneVT
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM
From all those bills on the Gov's desk, it would appear that shooters in CA are going to be extinct.

Yes.That's what happens when 10% of the voting base is despised by the the other 90%.

Savage Hands
09-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Not yet! Some pretty serious bills did not make it and I'm pretty sure moonbeam will veto the scary CA AWB v 2.5

:cool:

GardoneVT
09-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Not yet! Some pretty serious bills did not make it and I'm pretty sure moonbeam will veto the scary CA AWB v 2.5

:cool:

Even if Moonbeam vetoes the current stack,he won't be governor forever.Given California's electoral demographics ,it's a near certainty that his replacement will be the West Coast equivalent to Cuomo.The hammers coming down,sooner or later.

Savage Hands
09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Even if Moonbeam vetoes the current stack,he won't be governor forever.Given California's electoral demographics ,it's a near certainty that his replacement will be the West Coast equivalent to Cuomo.The hammers coming down,sooner or later.

Tell you what, you worry about your state and I'll worry about mine. There's way too much to discuss with people not in the loop, we now are the only state with three full time NRA employees fighting at the Capitol, Calguns Foundation has a bunch of lawsuits on the horizon etc...

GardoneVT
09-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Tell you what, you worry about your state and I'll worry about mine. There's way too much to discuss with people not in the loop, we now are the only state with three full time NRA employees fighting at the Capitol, Calguns Foundation has a bunch of lawsuits on the horizon etc...

Why the vitriol?

Savage Hands
09-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Why the vitriol?

Because there's thousands of people posting the doom and gloom of California's 2nd Amendment rights. How we deserve it blah blah blah without any knowledge of the status of our grass roots efforts, Political Candidates, our current and future litigation etc... To the casual outside observer it looks hopeless but to the informed there's a whole forum and sub-forums dedicated to this exact topic.
It will probably get worse before it gets better but the fight isn't close to over.
I come to this forum for the high S/N ratio and prefer to leave such a complicated topic on the forum dedicated to those involved. There's also efforts behind the scenes that shouldn't be discussed publicly :)

GardoneVT
09-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Because there's thousands of people posting the doom and gloom of California's 2nd Amendment rights. How we deserve it blah blah blah without any knowledge of the status of our grass roots efforts, Political Candidates, our current and future litigation etc... To the casual outside observer it looks hopeless but to the informed there's a whole forum and sub-forums dedicated to this exact topic.
It will probably get worse before it gets better but the fight isn't close to over.
I come to this forum for the high S/N ratio and prefer to leave such a complicated topic on the forum dedicated to those involved. There's also efforts behind the scenes that shouldn't be discussed publicly :)

Understand I'm not trying to be negative,but facts are facts.Most voting Californians are concentrated in anti gun areas,and those Democrat souls have little use for evil firearms.

It was the same problem for a while in Chicago via a vis Illinois.Since C(r)ook County has more antis then there are people in the rest of Illinois ,there wasn't hope for reform until the judiciary got involved.Once the judicial smack down happened ,it was lights out for the antis.

California one day##will ## recognize the RKBA,whether it wants to or not.That's as inevitable as the sunrise.But until the judiciary fixes things, the "beatings will continue until morale improves."

Savage Hands
09-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Understand I'm not trying to be negative,but facts are facts.Most voting Californians are concentrated in anti gun areas,and those Democrat souls have little use for evil firearms.

It was the same problem for a while in Chicago via a vis Illinois.Since C(r)ook County has more antis then there are people in the rest of Illinois ,there wasn't hope for reform until the judiciary got involved.Once the judicial smack down happened ,it was lights out for the antis.

California one day##will ## recognize the RKBA,whether it wants to or not.That's as inevitable as the sunrise.But until the judiciary fixes things, the "beatings will continue until morale improves."

I live it, I breathe it and I see the trends. Before 2010 I was not able to acquire a CA CCW for Personal Protection and I've had one since, thousands (and growing) of others in various counties are also able to and could not previously. So please stop trying to tell me what you may think you know. We've won some big battles, lost some but I'm pretty optimistic about things getting better from some conversations with CGF and their strategies. It didn't help the Democrats here by going full retard with their gun bills, I think it hurt them overall. Moonbeam will veto most of them on his desk as he knows from a lawyers point of view what will be struck down and how costly losing litigation will be.
A few more politicians on our side have a good chance at winning their elections as well.

Suvorov
09-20-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm honestly pretty surprised we got though this legislative session with what we got. Some of the bills that petered out at the end were really bad (the magazine and ammo bills).

I really don't think that the semi-auto ban is going to become law. Moonbeam knows that it is just too far reaching and will very likely be overturned by the courts. I think he (and others) would rather keep the status quo than risk everything toppling down like has happened in Illinois. On a selfish level, I hope it does become law.

The lead ammo ban, kind of think it will go through.

The rest are largely nuisances that continue to chip away.

All in all, we fared better than New Yorkers.

As far as Kalifornia gun politics go, we have some very stupid laws, but in almost every case, there are "work arounds." Much/most of the State is effectively "shall issue." I don't have to get the police chief's approval to purchase a firearm. I don't need a permit to transport. You can visit the State and every city within with your handgun without being thrown in jail. Not every gun I own has to be registered. Anything in rimfire is essentially no different than in free states. Kalifornia also has pretty good castle doctrine laws.

I'm not saying it is rainbows and unicorns, nor that I like it or accept it, just that we really have it a lot better here than many places back East that don't get as much open hatred and condescension from the folks on Gun Broker and AR15.net as Kalifornians do.

1slow
09-21-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm glad CA is a more hopeful situation than I was aware of.