PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Family in Traffic Incident that Goes Wrong....

BaiHu
09-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Officer Eric Hart has been suspended after footage of him forcing three members of a family to lie on the road went viral
The incident happened after Hart stopped Cassandra Meyers because of a license plate violation
Her father-in-law Aaron Tatkowski arrived and took exception to how the officer was speaking to her
The situation escalated and soon Hart had Tatkowski, his girlfriend and 15-year-old son all on the ground as he pointed his weapon at them
Local residents near Toledo, Ohio, captured the incident on video and posted it on YouTube
Both Tatkowski and Meyers were charged with related offenses

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424933/Cop-forces-family-lie-road-gunpoint-minor-traffic-dispute.html#ixzz2fMaZoljz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRYgiIsCTw

John Ralston
09-19-2013, 01:20 PM
And he will probably get to keep his job through some asinine arbitration deal.

gtmtnbiker98
09-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Love the Monday morning quarter backs who will spout an opinion who have never worn a badge and dealt with this sort of crap on a daily basis. Walk in our shoes then spout off.

From what I seen, I fail to see a problem. Of course, we don't see what led up to the prone and cuff situation. If on a traffic stop, I have a third party pull in behind me, better damn well bet I am taking control.

BLR
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Love the Monday morning quarter backs who will spout an opinion who have never worn a badge and dealt with this sort of crap on a daily basis. Walk in our shoes then spout off.

From what I seen, I fail to see a problem. Of course, we don't see what led up to the prone and cuff situation. If on a traffic stop, I have a third party pull in behind me, better damn well bet I am taking control.

+1.

If I was there, and in the officers shoes, I'd be worried for my own and their safety too considering the area, the unanticipated 3rd party, and so on. If an officer needs to cuff me because he sees a red flag, fine. I won't take offense to it. IF it is unemotional and professional. Hell, I wouldn't even look for an apology for laying in a puddle as a result.

I would, however, (if I was the officer) not argue with dood while he is face down, handcuffed on the ground with my service weapon pointed at his head. Nor transition to the womans head and continue to argue. If that dood was me, I'd not ague with the cop to begin with. But if he waved his pistol like that at me, I'd want his job. And I'd level every legal resource at my disposal to have it. Unforgivable lack of firearms safety at a bare minimum.

Before I'm beaten up about officer safety, etc. being the justification for muzzling - let me point out his total, absolute lack of situational awareness while arguing and muzzling dood and chick. If he was really, actually concerned about the 3rd (and if I was worried about the 3rd, I'd be worried about 4, 5, 6, and so on) party, he should have spent less energy on muzzling handcuffed, face down dood, and more on his surroundings and potential unseen threats. Looks down at handcuffed dood the entire time. Cars drive by, not a glance. Lots of concentration on arguing with an idiot. Lot's of muzzling people who, IMO, don't need muzzling.

DBLAction454
09-19-2013, 08:39 PM

+1