PDA

View Full Version : Striker P30X

GJM
09-11-2013, 09:17 PM
just saw this on HK Pro -- not sure if it is OK to post a link, but it is there

1. The P30X. A striker fired variant of the P30
2. The P30SK. A subcompact variant of the P30 (not sure if hammer or striker fired), without the aggressive grip on the P30, more akin to the P2000, HK45C grip.

JBP55
09-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I read the thread, interesting.

littlejerry
09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Very interesting.

I still have a p30 on my mind... The striker variant could be a winner.

JBP55
09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
The striker fired version of the P30 may have a conventional magazine release like the Walther PPQ M2 and retail for less than the hammer fired P30 and become the best selling HK model in the USA.

DBLAction454
09-11-2013, 10:50 PM
If I remember correctly the PPQ in 9mm I held at my LGS had the BEST trigger I have ever felt in a striker fired gun.

If they put this in a P30 its HANDS DOWN the best 9MM gun on the market.

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

YVK
09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I think that in most people's expectations it is going to be a P30 with low axis and Glock trigger. Why not just shoot a Glock? Last striker HK had a pretty long reset...

Honestly, I'd be more excited about DA/SA P30 with smooth 7-8 lbs DA pull and SRT, or linear non-staged LEM with SRT...

LOKNLOD
09-11-2013, 11:00 PM
I think that in most people's expectations it is going to be a P30 with low axis and Glock trigger. Why not just shoot a Glock? Last striker HK had a pretty long reset...

Honestly, I'd be more excited about DA/SA P30 with smooth 7-8 lbs DA pull and SRT, or linear non-staged LEM with SRT...

I was going to say if you take away the mag release and hammer, the only thing it has going for it is a comfy grip and HK quality. Not that either is a bad thing, but it's just a prettier PPQ at that point.

GJM
09-11-2013, 11:34 PM
1) a striker design could have several advantages. Lower bore axis, making for shorter height for carry, and a flatter shooting pistol.

2) I would bet money, as HK's unofficial head salesman, TLG knows all about this. Gee, he continued the 1911 test -- wonder if he will be testing the P30X next?

3) too bad the LEM is the safest "street trigger" guys won't want be able to run this. :)

4) the P30 has the best feeling pistol grip I have ever held.

GardoneVT
09-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Let it be established up front that I'm a hammer fired gun fan all the way. That being said, there are advantages for striker fired weapons.

One is simplicity. No de-cockers or external switches are necessary. Shoot, holster, and repeat. That saves training time and ammo .

Two, the operation of arms is the same. Going from a Glock to a P30 represents altering not just the gun on your hip, but your entire training regimen as well.Different magazine release, different trigger, and the need to actuate a de-cocker or safety. With a striker fired P30, you get the benefit of HK's build quality without having to start from scratch in terms of muscle memory.

Three- and I admit this with no small amount of reserve- striker fired handguns are much easier to master for the gun owner with limited training resources. In my own experience, it took about 500 rounds before I got "minute of bad guy" good with my Beretta in double-action. Inside of 100 rounds I was hitting the bulls eye with a police trade in Glock i'd never fired before. A lot of good people in America don't have the money to blow 500 rounds downrange or the time to spend 2 hours at the range doing it. Ammo costs money, gas isn't getting cheaper, and the kids need to eat and the wife needs a new car.
A handgun one can learn inside of 200 rounds presents an advantage to the typical everyman , and there's no getting around the harsh fact that DA/SA has a steep learning curve.

Lastly, HK has an opportunity to steal Glock's thunder . Since Mr. Gaston's firm dropped the ball with the 9mm G17 Gen 4 in terms of reliability compared to previous offerings, HK has a chance to sell a striker fired alternative guaranteed to keep brass away from the shooter's forehead.

I won't be buying one-I'm quite content with my ancient, aluminum frame 92FS Beretta -but a striker fired HK would be a step forward in my view.

fixer
09-12-2013, 06:12 AM
HK has a chance to sell a striker fired alternative guaranteed to keep brass away from the shooter's forehead.

No joke. my main shooting partner, my wife, developed major flinching tendencies with this. It is going to take a lot of ammo and practice with well-extracting platforms to fix it. :mad:

My inventory of glocks is looking more and more "liquid."

JodyH
09-12-2013, 07:06 AM
The hammer is the primary reason I shoot/carry H&K.
Take away the hammer and i'd just buy a Walther PPQ for less money.

Dagga Boy
09-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Somebody talked out of school. No more HK security clearance. They should be working in the Obama White House and not at HK....terrible.:cool:

littlejerry
09-12-2013, 07:16 AM

You still have the issue of mags, sights, holsters, and general support with walther. Plus they dropped the paddle mag release.

I'm interested in a simple & easy to service hk.

LOKNLOD
09-12-2013, 07:20 AM
I think Jody and I are on similiar wavelengths.
The hammer was really the thing that pulled me towards the P30 originally for AIWB concerns. And then I came to really love the mag release setup. I'm back to Glock for several other reasons but not necessarily anything that a striker-fired P30 variant would fix (that I know of yet). Of course I'm probably in a small minority and not really the target market, either.

That said - if they can make it more price competitive with Glock and M&P in the marketplace, with a trigger & mag release that competes with those, they should be able to sell them. Reliability like classic G17s, grip feels better than an M&P, no goofy accuracy or extraction/ejection issues, "normal" trigger and mag release? Who wouldn't buy one? Especially if they can market them well, support them well, and get the aftermarket on board. Hopefully P30 sights and holsters work.

And who knows, by the time they are available I might be shooting one too. :o I've eaten bigger crows before.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2013, 07:21 AM
The striker fired version of the P30 may have a conventional magazine release like the Walther PPQ M2 and retail for less than the hammer fired P30 and become the best selling HK model in the USA.

I hope that isn't the case. Want that mag release.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2013, 07:27 AM
just saw this on HK Pro -- not sure if it is OK to post a link, but it is there

No problem with posting a link.

BLR
09-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm curious if they will have to change the slide mass to do this.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2013, 07:41 AM

We just need a Gadget invented for the P30X :D

LOKNLOD
09-12-2013, 07:54 AM
We just need a Gadget invented for the P30X :D

Maybe it comes with a built-in Gadget :cool:

Savage Hands
09-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Interested...

Sparks2112
09-12-2013, 08:03 AM
At this point I couldn't switch from Sigs even if I wanted to. I'm curious though, love me some P7's.

DBLAction454
09-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Some at HKpro are concerned this may mark the beginning of the end for the USP? I seriousky doubt thag but is anyone else concerned or have a say about that?

HCM
09-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Some at HKpro are concerned this may mark the beginning of the end for the USP? I seriousky doubt thag but is anyone else concerned or have a say about that?

I doubt it as well. The USP must still be selling since the P2000, P30 and Hk45 series all duplicate portions of the USP lines.

I hope the P30x retains The mag release levers. When we transitioned from the Beretta 96D to the USPC there were no significant issues with the mag release.

Sam
09-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Interested...

Me too. I bet you use your connections with high places to get around the roster and the upcoming lack of SSE to get one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GardoneVT
09-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I hope that isn't the case. Want that mag release.

Not to impugne your training system,but the paddle mag release I personally consider to be a major drawback.

Not because it's functionally bad-in fact,it's actually pretty handy.No,the dilemma is that the only guns which use it are German HKs and older Walthers.Switch between a paddle release HK and a conventional gun ,and you'll be pressing a nonexistent paddle release wondering why your mag won't eject.

Kyle Reese
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Not to impugne your training system,but the paddle mag release I personally consider to be a major drawback.

Not because it's functionally bad-in fact,it's actually pretty handy.No,the dilemma is that the only guns which use it are German HKs and older Walthers.Switch between a paddle release HK and a conventional gun ,and you'll be pressing a nonexistent paddle release wondering why your mag won't eject.

:confused:

That's why we train, right?

LittleLebowski
09-12-2013, 10:21 AM

I'll be fine and so will my training system.

GardoneVT
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
:confused:

That's why we train, right?

Except the skillset is proprietary to that type of gun.It's all good if you have an HK and a Walther for backup,but what if you have a Sig Sauer or conventional mag release gun already? Train with the P30 ,and you'll shaft yourself changing mags with the Sig.Go back the Sig,and you'll have to transition to the P30s system.

Im familiar with this problem because it was part of the reason I sold my P30.I simply cannot afford to tie up $2000 on a backup and primary carry gun,so I wanted to use my P30 alongside my existing 92FS.Yet,the more I shot and practiced with my P30,the worse my mag changes were with the Beretta and vice versa.This meant my plan of carrying the P30 with the Beretta as a backup didn't work.

nalesq
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Switch between a paddle release HK and a conventional gun ,and you'll be pressing a nonexistent paddle release wondering why your mag won't eject.

I used to think this would be a problem, but then I bought a PPS. I carried and shot this PPS for over a year, and then I went to AMIS with a Glock copy airsoft pistol. In the final problem, which was relatively stressful, I managed to clear a malfunction and reload the pistol rapidly without much conscious thought and without "pressing a nonexistent paddle release."

So I'm not sure this is as big of a deal in practice as it seems in theory, at least once one has achieved a certain level of intimate familiarity with a variety of marginally different systems.

SecondsCount
09-12-2013, 10:35 AM

You make a solid point but why would you be switching back and forth?

As someone who shot a 1911 for a long time, I didn't find the paddle release on the HK that much different and it took about one range session to get familiar with it.

GardoneVT
09-12-2013, 10:42 AM
You make a solid point but why would you be switching back and forth?

As someone who shot a 1911 for a long time, I didn't find the paddle release on the HK that much different and it took about one range session to get familiar with it.

Because two HK pistols are expensive.

In any event I had enough trigger time behind my Beretta to where I didn't want to just shelve the platform.So I figured last year my P30 would be the primary and my 92FS the secondary.So I spent two months straight shooting the HK and practicing mag changes.

Then I took the Beretta to the range,and reflexively tried to punch a nonexistent lever with my right index finger.That's a problem given that id be carrying the 92 if something sidelined the P30.

A conventional release button would handily solve this problem.

Savage Hands
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Me too. I bet you use your connections with high places to get around the roster and the upcoming lack of SSE to get one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I will try, unless the shop decides to move due to the current bills :(

TCinVA
09-12-2013, 10:46 AM
I've been using a paddle-style mag release (like on the HK pistols) and button style releases (as on most other guns) interchangeably for quite some time. Never really seemed to bother me much. At the recent class I took with Bob Vogel, for instance, I was using a Glock 34 that I hadn't really shot much up to that point and I never flubbed a reload because I was trying to use a non-existent paddle along the trigger guard for the mag release.

If you have both, practice with both and you probably won't have a problem.

Kyle Reese
09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Except the skillset is proprietary to that type of gun.It's all good if you have an HK and a Walther for backup,but what if you have a Sig Sauer or conventional mag release gun already? Train with the P30 ,and you'll shaft yourself changing mags with the Sig.Go back the Sig,and you'll have to transition to the P30s system.

Im familiar with this problem because it was part of the reason I sold my P30.I simply cannot afford to tie up $2000 on a backup and primary carry gun,so I wanted to use my P30 alongside my existing 92FS.Yet,the more I shot and practiced with my P30,the worse my mag changes were with the Beretta and vice versa.This meant my plan of carrying the P30 with the Beretta as a backup didn't work.

That might have been your experience, but I'd caution against assuming that everyone has encountered this issue. It's simply not the case across the board.

The mag button vs paddle mag release boils down to personal preference. I'm fine with both.

DBLAction454
09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
That might have been your experience, but I'd caution against assuming that everyone has encountered this issue. It's simply not the case across the board.

The mag button vs paddle mag release boils down to personal preference. I'm fine with both.

Im fine with either or. Since my carry system uses the paddle mag released I practice reloads with snap caps pretty fluently. Where I to change this system for match shooting then I would familiarize myself with it the same way I practice with my carry system. I may be a little biased however as my first handgun was a USP45. But as a child I learned with all button style handguns.

I own an 92FS and the button mag feels great. As do 1911s. Some glocks Ive fired amd owned really felt like I had to MASH the button in.

I love my HKs cause the paddle release has a very tactile feel when ejecting a mag and also the mags fly out like a bat out of hell. As does the 92 and various 1911s. The glock not so much IMO.

I can see this possibly being an issue for someone when a tenth or hundreth of a second count but for me I am pretty quick with either and MUCH faster since the day I bought my first handgun.

Corlissimo
09-12-2013, 11:08 AM

IMO, this issue you raised only exist for those who have not standardized on a single platform. For me, I have no issue with it. I have one old XD40 I'll be moving, and have acquired two HK's (P30L & P2KSK) over the last 12 months, both are v3's. I don't compete and am only concerned with real world DGU & associated training to this point. I certainly don't have excess money to spend, which was a major factor in choosing my HK's... Buy one, cry once, and they just keep running. But hey, that's just me. To each his own. :)

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.

GJM
09-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Short of having a heel release, I could care less what mag release it has. Two things do matter -- the trigger and how does it feel in recoil.

To me, the much more intriguing thing, is this could be TLG's next test project. I bet a dollar it is, anyone want the opposite side of that bet? Wonder if they are taking applications for assistant testers?

Dagga Boy
09-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Sounds interesting....

MSparks909
09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd be interested if HK came out with a trigger similar to the PPQ's in terms of reset and breaking point. I've been waiting patiently for the 5" PPQ to become more available but I may wait for the P30L X to become available. Currently shoot Glocks but am not brand loyal.

Up1911Fan
09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Short of having a heel release, I could care less what mag release it has. Two things do matter -- the trigger and how does it feel in recoil.

To me, the much more intriguing thing, is this could be TLG's next test project. I bet a dollar it is, anyone want the opposite side of that bet? Wonder if they are taking applications for assistant testers?

I thought the Heirloom Commander was going to be the next test gun....

GJM
09-12-2013, 12:47 PM
I thought the Heirloom Commander was going to be the next test gun....

I might have to redefine "next."

I certainly understand him quickly running a few thousand rounds thru the Heirloom to verify function and draw comparisons with his SA. However a one off custom is hardly predictive of 1911's generally from a test perspective, is expensive and time consuming to replace, and the kind if thing you would like to hold onto for decades, not just years. A Glock, HK or Sig is just a tool, a special 1911 is in a whole different category, closer to art. I can't think of a better person than Todd to test the P30X, from HK's perspective.

Up1911Fan
09-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I might have to redefine "next."

I certainly understand him quickly running a few thousand rounds thru the Heirloom to verify function and draw comparisons with his SA. However a one off custom is hardly predictive of 1911's generally from a test perspective, is expensive and time consuming to replace, and the kind if thing you would like to hold onto for decades, not just years. A Glock, HK or Sig is just a tool, a special 1911 is in a whole different category, closer to art. I can't think of a better person than Todd to test the P30X, from HK's perspective.

Agreed, not too mention he only has 1 Heirloom coming.

Danjojo
09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Something similar to the P99AS trigger would be good. Works like a DA/SA or similar to LEM and always had the short reset people like on the PPQ.

Will be interesting to see if they do a multi-part trigger like the rest.

YVK
09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
In any event I had enough trigger time behind my Beretta to where I didn't want to just shelve the platform.So I figured last year my P30 would be the primary and my 92FS the secondary.So I spent two months straight shooting the HK and practicing mag changes.

A conventional release button would handily solve this problem.

For reasons beyond the scope of this thread I currently train and practice with a Beretta Elite and HK P30, every live and dry session. P30 is a carry gun as it has been for two years. Reversing Beretta's extended mag catch for a trigger finger activation has solved it. Nope, Beretta is not super-ergonomic that way for me, and I did need to trim a few coils off of that spring. Yes, it did require some practice with gun shift etc, but it didnt take two months and it is a better solution if one chose to run two guns with different mag release system. I'd rather do it that way than giving up such a wonderfully executed design as paddle release of P30. Most of current production guns have reversible button mag catches.

rudy99
09-12-2013, 02:14 PM
As was touched on earlier, the hammer and the ability to use it to safely holster when carrying AIWB seems to be one of the main reasons (other than quality and ergos) that people here buy the P30. If you take that away, I'm not sure this is an appealing option, other than ergonomics. Now if they made the striker like the Walther PPS, where it is exposed and gives you the benefit of being able to feel it poke out when the trigger is pulled, that might change things. I'm not sure how "bomb proof" of a design that is though. That is just about the only reason I've kept my PPS for AIWB carry.

Savage Hands
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
As was touched on earlier, the hammer and the ability to use it to safely holster when carrying AIWB seems to be one of the main reasons (other than quality and ergos) that people here buy the P30. If you take that away, I'm not sure this is an appealing option, other than ergonomics. Now if they made the striker like the Walther PPS, where it is exposed and gives you the benefit of being able to feel it poke out when the trigger is pulled, that might change things. I'm not sure how "bomb proof" of a design that is though. That is just about the only reason I've kept my PPS for AIWB carry.

I want a better built Glock, so this appeals to me.

JV_
09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm tired of chasing the next best gun, I'll stick with my Glocks.

GJM
09-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Oh, you mean like someone would actually switch to a brand new pistol as their platform. Heck no, been down that road too many times. This is just idle chatter, like you might have done in high school after hearing about a new cute girl that moved to town.

My rule -- never fly the first 50 serial numbers of a new jet, fly the first 100 serial numbers of a new helicopter, or depend on the first two years of a new pistol.

BWT
09-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Amen.

Kyle Reese
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Same. I'll add a Gen 4 26 to the stable and call it good.

Chris Rhines
09-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Same. I'll add a Gen 4 26 to the stable and call it good.

I admire your willpower, but I don't know if I share it...

jc000
09-12-2013, 08:14 PM
How does a "smooth-gripped" P30sk differ from a P2000sk? Single stack???

And why aren't more of you excited about the v4.1 reduced travel LEM coming soon?

YVK
09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
And why aren't more of you excited about the v4.1 reduced travel LEM coming soon?

I am cautiously optimistic and when those parts are available, I'll have them dropped into my Grayguns reduced reset P30, making it a uber-LEM pistol at the moment. That said, what specific aspects of performance do you expect to improve with these parts?

jc000
09-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I am cautiously optimistic and when those parts are available, I'll have them dropped into my Grayguns reduced reset P30, making it a uber-LEM pistol at the moment. That said, what specific aspects of performance do you expect to improve with these parts?

My performance? Hopefully to reduce anticipation-related shooting errors.

YVK
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Yes, I am hopeful of that too, but I am not sure that it will be the case.

LtDave
09-12-2013, 10:09 PM
I've been using a paddle-style mag release (like on the HK pistols) and button style releases (as on most other guns) interchangeably for quite some time. Never really seemed to bother me much. At the recent class I took with Bob Vogel, for instance, I was using a Glock 34 that I hadn't really shot much up to that point and I never flubbed a reload because I was trying to use a non-existent paddle along the trigger guard for the mag release.

If you have both, practice with both and you probably won't have a problem.

What he said. Not an issue for me either.

GJM
09-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Can you define what you mean by "anticipation-related shooting errors," and how you think the new trigger parts might help this?

Chuck Haggard
09-12-2013, 11:24 PM

Word.

Although my go-to guns are Glock 9mms of various size, I have a few S&W J frames thrown in. I am pretty much set until I kick the bucket or the phased plasma gun in the 40 watt range hits the market.

JodyH
09-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I had my carry gun sitting in the safe for nearly 9 years before I came to my senses and realized what a gem the P2000 series and LEM trigger is. I'm done chasing rainbows.
Recent experimentation with alternatives has only reinforced my opinion of the HK.

JHC
09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Word.

Although my go-to guns are Glock 9mms of various size, I have a few S&W J frames thrown in. I am pretty much set until I kick the bucket or the phased plasma gun in the 40 watt range hits the market.

And you will only use a plasma gun that starts with "4"?

P30X is exciting news but Glock has been beery beery good to me.

jc000
09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Can you define what you mean by "anticipation-related shooting errors," and how you think the new trigger parts might help this?

Bearing in mind my limited semiauto experience, I feel that the longer trigger pull gives me more opportunity to make sight alignment and trigger pull errors especially in slow aimed fire. I am more accurate with friends' DA/SA and striker fired pistols.

I am hoping that shorter distance of pull will provide me fewer chances to rush or otherwise screw-up shots. The triggers on different systems feel "tighter" for me and I can focus more naturally on the mechanics of my trigger pull.

I did buy an LCR22 revolver, which is helping me learn to better roll than stage/press the LEM trigger. But the long light pull then hitting the wall of the LEM system is weird to me.

I don't think I'm communicating my issue effectively so I'll summarize by saying that I shoot pistols with less trigger travel better and I'm willing to experiment with reducing the pre travel of my LEM trigger (currently TLG) to see if that will help me improve.

gtmtnbiker98
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
I had my carry gun sitting in the safe for nearly 9 years before I came to my senses and realized what a gem the P2000 series and LEM trigger is. I'm done chasing rainbows.
Recent experimentation with alternatives has only reinforced my opinion of the HK.
Couldn't agree more.

John Ralston
09-13-2013, 08:29 AM
I may try one at some point, but for now I need a backup or 2 for my P30 TLG LEM. I shoot it far better than a Glock, so even a striker fired HK doesn't really get me going.

NickA
09-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Like I didn't already want a P2000SK bad enough, now there will be a P30SK to drool over. Thanks a bunch, HK :mad:

LorenzoS
09-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I am very happy sticking with the LEM trigger and a hammer. A single stack SK with LEM, now that would be something I would get interested in.

JBP55
09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
P30X is exciting news but Glock has been beery beery good to me.

This.

Tamara
09-13-2013, 10:26 AM
And you will only use a plasma gun that starts with "4"?

Awesome. :cool:

psalms144.1
09-13-2013, 10:30 AM
After my "newer is better" G19 fiasco, where I sold off a PERFECTLY performing 2008ish G19 to get a Gen4 G19, which was a dog; which I replaced with a 3rd Gen (because THOSE are all still great) that crapped out on me at the 2,500 round mark; which had a factory replacement Gen4 that was a jamo-matic out of the box; which had a factory replacement 3rd Gen that threw 60+ of the first 100 pieces of brass straight back into my forehead; which had a factory replacement Gen4 that had 16 FTEs and more than 50% of ejected brass going into my face or over my LEFT shoulder - I'm DONE with trying ANYTHING "improved."

I'm carrying a P2000 LEM now, and I can outshoot ANY G19 I've ever owned with it, even if my "splits" are a couple of hundreths of a second slower. My P30 LEM sits in the safe most of the time, because I just don't shoot it any better than the smaller, easier to conceal P2K. While the CONCEPT of a striker fired P30 is fascinating, I'll let some other unpaid crash-test-dummies work out the bugs for a couple of years before I drop a grand or more on one - IF I decide that the couple of hundredths of a second are worth chasing. Moreover, I think there are a LOT of folks who are getting WAY down the trail with limited information, talking about lower bore axis, etc. I'm guessing that, externally, the only difference between the P30 and the P30X will be the hammer (or lack thereof) and rear face of the slide. I doubt HK will radically re-engineer the slide profile... I AM interested to hear that HK is considering "match" trigger components for the P30; those, mated with the V4 reduced pretravel trigger might make the traditional P30 LEM a VERY competitive trigger for those wanting raw speed.

I also don't think this is the "death knell" for the USP - which is one of HK's strongest commercial products in the US. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to hear the P2000 is being phased out - so you'll have the option of the P30/30X/30L/30S/30LX/30LS, or P30sk/skX - and the USP line.

And, I'm with the crew who doesn't find switching between a standard Mag release and a paddle all that tough - I carry a paddle, but just about everyone else I train has a standard release, and I have no trouble whatsoever picking up someone else's pistol and demonstrating a clean reload or magazine exchange...

Regards,

Kevin

BWT
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
If they came out with a match triggered, Glock 19 sized, with glock priced magazines HK P30 that Warren Tactical made sights for. I think I'd be happy.

:cool:

JodyH
09-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't see the P2000 going away until the Border Patrol stops buying them. And I don't see that happening for a long time.

TGS
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't see the P2000 going away until the Border Patrol stops buying them. And I don't see that happening for a long time.

I agree.

No reason for the P2000 to be phased out when it's in service with several large LE agencies internationally.

I don't understand why people think its a failure or red-headed stepchild.

GJM
09-13-2013, 01:12 PM
I agree.

No reason for the P2000 to be phased out when it's in service with several large LE agencies internationally.

I don't understand why people think its a failure or red-headed stepchild.

For uniformed carry, as opposed to concealed carry,what does the P2000 do better than a P30?

TGS
09-13-2013, 01:21 PM
For uniformed carry, as opposed to concealed carry,what does the P2000 do better than a P30?

IDK. Never said it did.

Don't really care, either.

JodyH
09-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Nothing.
But the P30 offers no significant advantage over the P2000 that would justify replacing the 20,000+ pistols currently in USBP holsters.

hufnagel
09-13-2013, 04:03 PM
2 extra rounds. but like you said that's probably not enough to warrant replacing 20k+ pistols, plus mags, plus holsters. now if it were i'd be in line for one of the trade-in P2000s. :D

JodyH
09-13-2013, 04:09 PM
There's only a one round difference in .40 (P30-13 vs. P2000-12).
You don't want a USBP turn in.
All the ones I see are beat up pretty bad.
They live a HARD life out in the brush.
No finish left and gritty insides from years of sand.

hufnagel
09-13-2013, 04:11 PM
but... it's an HK. it'll survive re-entry into the atmosphere. :D

GJM
09-13-2013, 04:23 PM
but... it's an HK. it'll survive re-entry into the atmosphere. :D

While I am not looking to jump on something new, this is exactly why I hope this new HK striker turns out well. In a world where some new Glocks are reliable, some new M&P's are accurate, the good Beretta models are discontinued, and recent Sig is a question on reliability, an HK is .... well an HK.

I hope it uses standard P30/HK45 (or Glock )sights, legacy P30 magazines, shoots flatter and has a great trigger.

Savage Hands
09-13-2013, 05:14 PM
While I am not looking to jump on something new, this is exactly why I hope this new HK striker turns out well. In a world where some new Glocks are reliable, some new M&P's are accurate, the good Beretta models are discontinued, and recent Sig is a question on reliability, an HK is .... well an HK.

I hope it uses standard P30/HK45 (or Glock )sights, legacy P30 magazines, shoots flatter and has a great trigger.

This for me...

GardoneVT
09-13-2013, 05:57 PM

In defense of Beretta, the boys and girls in Italy havent forgotten how to make a gun.My personal 92FS has clocked in 1200 rounds of varying ammunition brands with zero malfunctions.

Tamara
09-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I hope it uses standard P30/HK45 (or Glock )sights, legacy P30 magazines...

See, this is exactly the part where I worry HundK will drop the ball. :( These kind of "practical needs for the individual end user on a budget" just never seem to have figured high on the company's list since the days of the HK4 and VP70.

JodyH
09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Considering the USP, P2000 and P30 all have different sight cuts... standardization is not H&K's strong suit.

MDS
09-13-2013, 08:03 PM
My rule -- never fly the first 50 serial numbers of a new jet, fly the first 100 serial numbers of a new helicopter, or depend on the first two years of a new pistol.

What's your rule for dating the cute new girl in high school? :eek: ;)

I enjoy working on software way too much to get excited about most new hardware that comes out.

JSGlock34
09-14-2013, 09:55 AM

Would they be able to lower the bore axis and preserve the legacy magazines?

I suspect that if this new variant would not be able to use either existing P30 magazines or P30 holsters, HK would be calling it a P40 (which had been rumored before), but predicting HK's internal decision making is surely a losing bet...still, I'm not expecting any radical changes to the P30's lines.

ffhounddog
09-14-2013, 11:26 AM
After moving to the P30v3 and P2000skv3 I am excited but not excited. I tried a P30 LEM V2 40 and still shot my P2000 LEM V2 40 better. I shot a P2000 lem and P30 Lem and with my sucky skills shot better with the V3. Someone once told me to stop chasing the better mousetrap.

Casual Friday
09-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I gotta say, after playing with a 9mm P30L LEM today, I have no interested in a striker fired P30 variant.