PDA

View Full Version : CUNY Students Harangue General Petraeus on His 1st Day of Class....

BaiHu
09-11-2013, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DIbl28O99Lg

RoyGBiv
09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Classy. In any other country they'd be taken away and shot (maybe not taken away) for harassing top brass/spymasters. These idiots don't appreciate the irony that the man they're harassing offered his life to protect their right to abuse the First Amendment. Maybe they should head up the road to Columbia. Check that, the average CUNY student couldn't get in, even when they're sporting an acceptable Columbia Mindset (http://nypost.com/2013/04/02/outrage-101-radical-jailed-in-slay-now-columbia-prof/).

Kyle Reese
09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Typical leftist behavior.

Matt O
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Wow, I thought people were sufficiently disgusted with the treatment soldiers got post-Vietnam not to pull crap like this??

JHC
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
CUNY? :eek:

RoyGBiv
09-11-2013, 07:28 PM
CUNY? :eek:

City Univ of NY

Theres also SUNY.

TCinVA
09-11-2013, 09:11 PM
10 bucks says that those same people all voted for Gen. Patraeus' boss in the last election.

It's not really all that brave to harangue somebody who is unlikely to punch you in the mush or shoot you in the back of the head.

1slow
09-13-2013, 12:42 AM
None of those rude leftist turds would have lasted out the week on the construction site I worked in high school.
"Those that lack manners are taught them by those that have none."

Suvorov
09-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Absolutely Disgusting!!!

I didn't like Patraeus's willingness to go with the political wills of his civilian masters and do think he showed indiscretion unbecoming of an officer, but every ounce of my being would have wanted to get in the face of those protesters and let the retired General go about his day in peace.

It's not really all that brave to harangue somebody who is unlikely to punch you in the mush or shoot you in the back of the head.

That of course, is the only reason they had the balls to do it.

09-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Can just read his mind----would love to have these slime balls in boot camp for just one week. Total lack of respect for the General. He has more on the ball than the whole group---and deserves more than this.

Tamara
09-13-2013, 06:30 AM
Those kids probably don't remember that when they were in middle school, before the MoveOn.org ad stink, that Petraeus was the darling of the anti-surge Dems.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Those kids probably don't remember that when they were in middle school, before the MoveOn.org ad stink, that Petraeus was the darling of the anti-surge Dems.

Wait until gun guys that worshipped McChrystal see him running his suck for the Dems in '14.

JHC
09-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Wait until gun guys that worshipped McChrystal see him running his suck for the Dems in '14.

That man is off his rocker IMO. He was apparently very effective at many things and generated great loyalty in SOCOM. Then again I've seen folks like "Dalton Fury" admit he's not sure what the heck has come over him since retirement.

Sweeping gun control?
Chewed out a staff officer after an op in Iraq for mourning the death of one of their war dogs killed in the raid instead of the 7 terrorists "seven human beings died tonight!" they went there to kill or capture in the first place.
Then his bring back the draft talk.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 08:04 AM
I'll just set this out.....

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/08/former-gen-mcchrystal-assault-rifles-are-for-battlefields-not-schools/

Suvorov
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I'll just set this out.....

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/08/former-gen-mcchrystal-assault-rifles-are-for-battlefields-not-schools/

I remember when he made this interview and these statements after Sandy Hook. It was hard to believe them coming out of a SOCOM generals mouth. I can think of only 2 possibilities:
1) He is sucking up to the progressive powers that be to provide him with favor in his civilian life and is willing to say (and by extension, do) whatever it takes.
2) The guy is a hack, who despite all of his promotions and medals, knows almost nothing about small arms to make such a statement. This is the same round that the Army has been complaining about for decades for its lack of wounding potential, but when he see an opportunity to make political coin, all of a sudden it is the most powerful weapon ever devised by man. Does he really think that the bodies of those little angles would have been better off had that turd used a 12GA or a hunting rifle?

Based on my time in the Army, I would say it is probably both of the above.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
He might have been in charge of SOCOM but I don't believe he was SOF personally.

Kevin B.
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
He was.

Tamara
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
When I mentioned the video to my roommate this morning, she said "Petraeus? Isn't he a political general?" to which I replied "Well, he is a general officer. We're talking about a career path so selective for conformity that parting your hair differently can get you branded a maverick."

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 10:36 AM
He was.

Took a look at his bio. He can claim it but I wouldn't call him an SOF guy.

Kevin B.
09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Took a look at his bio. He can claim it but I wouldn't call him an SOF guy.

We are talking about McCrystal, right?

TGS
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
A general gets verbally harassed on public streets?

Eh. Couldn't really care. That's why they make the big bucks.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 12:14 PM
We are talking about McCrystal, right?

Yes, and I bow to your knowledge but I looked at his bio, saw that he did go to the SF officer's course, commanded an SF platoon for about a year, and then his next SOF experience was a staff job, correct?

Kevin B.
09-13-2013, 12:18 PM
He went to the SFQC, commanded an ODA, commanded a Ranger Company, held several staff positions in the Ranger Regiment, commanded a 2/75, commanded the Ranger Regiment and commanded JSOC for an exceptionally long period of time.

He has held more SOF positions than most officers.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 12:22 PM
He went to the SFQC, commanded an ODA, commanded a Ranger Company, held several staff positions in the Ranger Regiment, commanded a 2/75, commanded the Ranger Regiment and commanded JSOC for an exceptionally long period of time.

He has held more SOF positions than most officers.

Roger that; I'd read some "reporting" saying that SOF troops didn't think he was one of them.

Kevin B.
09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I am not sure that an individual's feeling about him change the billets he held or qualifications he earned.

In my limited interaction with him, he commanded genuine respect. Co-workers who new him better than I did still have a tremendous amount of respect for him and have a difficult time reconciling the man they knew with the one who self-destructed.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 12:31 PM
I am not sure that an individual's feeling about him change the billets he held or qualifications he earned.

In my limited interaction with him, he commanded genuine respect. Co-workers who knew him better than I did still have a tremendous amount of respect for him and have a difficult time reconciling the man they knew with the one who self-destructed.

Works for me. I appreciate your insight on this.

Suvorov
09-13-2013, 01:06 PM

In my limited interaction with him, he commanded genuine respect. Co-workers who new him better than I did still have a tremendous amount of respect for him and have a difficult time reconciling the man they knew with the one who self-destructed.

Other than his apparent desire to suck up to the progressive powers that be, in what other ways has the man self-destructed? :confused:

TR675
09-13-2013, 01:08 PM
ETA: Someday I will learn to read more good.

LittleLebowski
09-13-2013, 01:11 PM
He had an unfortunate lapse of judgment regarding a young(er) lady who was not his wife, ultimately resulting in him stepping down as head of the CIA.

Kevin B and I were talking about McChrystal which is admittedly not the topic of this thread.

TR675
09-13-2013, 01:14 PM
One of these days I will learn to read threads all the way through before posting.

Kevin B.
09-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Other than his apparent desire to suck up to the progressive powers that be, in what other ways has the man self-destructed? :confused:

I was referring to the Rolling Stone article.

Drang
09-13-2013, 06:14 PM
When I mentioned the video to my roommate this morning, she said "Petraeus? Isn't he a political general?" to which I replied "Well, he is a general officer. We're talking about a career path so selective for conformity that parting your hair differently can get you branded a maverick."

This.

Any officer who gets beyond gold oak leaves has to be able to play political games. For each step beyond O5, they lose a little more of their individuality. Beyond O6, they're political creatures, pure and simple.

Drang
09-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Roger that; I'd read some "reporting" saying that SOF troops didn't think he was one of them.
Having all the scare badges doesn't necessarily equate to "being one of us."

NOTE: FWIW, I am a retired LSHD MI Geek, who did know several guys who got off the 13-month ROK-CONUS-ROK merry-go-round by alternating SOCOM assignments instead. None of them went to the SFQC course, as MI wouldn't release them to go 18 series. And I retired long enough ago that the only flag officer I've heard about since, who's name I recognized, was Tommy Franks, because he was my CG in Korea during my final tour.

One of these days I will learn to read threads all the way through before posting.
Highly over-rated. :rolleyes:

Josh Runkle
09-14-2013, 05:20 PM
In what country are people so stupid that they go unarmed while claiming that a military "life-er" and "spymaster" is a murderer and war criminal...ie: the most dangerous of dangerous people...yet fear no retaliation from him? I'd like to take these people to the bear cage at the zoo, give them some sticks and then let MSNBC tell them to start poking.

BaiHu
09-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Part 2...

http://feedly.com/k/15GKCwt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RoyGBiv
09-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Part 2...

http://feedly.com/k/15GKCwt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bread & Circuses.

Let's take this show uptown, to Columbia. Eh?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/25/former-weather-underground-head-bill-ayers-relative-also-teaching-at-columbia/