PDA

View Full Version : SIRT trainer and LEM trigger?

LorenzoS
09-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I am interested in the SIRT training pistol but wonder how helpful it would be for someone dedicated to the HK LEM trigger. I use the HK P-series with LEM triggers exclusively, and wonder if the SIRT's trigger is sufficiently different from LEM that it might create more distraction than benefit.

Have any of you running LEM triggers found the SIRT to be helpful? Anything specific to consider when configuring the SIRT trainer?

YVK
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I am interested in the SIRT training pistol but wonder how helpful it would be for someone dedicated to the HK LEM trigger. I use the HK P-series with LEM triggers exclusively, and wonder if the SIRT's trigger is sufficiently different from LEM that it might create more distraction than benefit.

Have any of you running LEM triggers found the SIRT to be helpful? Anything specific to consider when configuring the SIRT trainer?

It took me quite a bit of time to transition from Glock to LEM. There are pretty strong shooters who tried and couldnt . I can't see how SIRT would be helpful to get better with LEM.

Dagga Boy
09-10-2013, 05:50 PM
It has been helpful for me during the ammo shortage. I hit the range several months out from my previous "live practice day" (went from weekly to quarterly....:mad:). I used my SIRT a lot, and shot great with the LEM P30. My SIRT was set up for me by Mike Hughs to be really hard with maximum take up. I think this helps.

LOKNLOD
09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
My SIRT was set up for me by Mike Hughs to be really hard with maximum take up. I think this helps.

That's what I did with mine as well, I made the trigger as long and heavy as possible. It may not feel exactly like an LEM, but at least it isn't easier and feel like cheating. Think of it as a supplement to dry fire and not a complete substitute, and it can still help.

It's still that way, too, even though Im shooting a Glock and could probably tweak it to be a closer analogue. I figure if I can get through that trigger without disturbing the sights, I can make it through the real thing.

LorenzoS
09-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the insight. I downloaded the user manual and it looks like there are a number of user-adjustable aspects on the trigger. It's good to know I can get close enough to the LEM to be beneficial.

Dagga Boy
09-11-2013, 07:16 AM
My SIRT feels a lot like my LEM with the slack out vs. the entire trigger manipulation.