PDA

View Full Version : About to take the plunge...

JMorse
09-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Years ago I owned a USP9, and now have decided to get a P30L. I don't intend to carry it, mostly just to put holes in paper and anyone carrying my tv out my door.

My question is since I've put maybe 250 rounds down range in the past 12 years or so, does it make sense to get an LEM trigger since an adjustment period from DA/SA wouldn't be an issue? Keep in mind I live in California, so P30s aren't exactly common around these here parts to try different options out.

All the reviews I'm reading pretty much agree the stock trigger leaves something to be desired.

Thanks for your input all. I value your opinion greatly.

JMorse
09-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Years ago I owned a USP9, and now have decided to get a P30L. I don't intend to carry it, mostly just to put holes in paper and anyone carrying my tv out my door.

My question is since I've put maybe 250 rounds down range in the past 12 years or so, does it make sense to get an LEM trigger since an adjustment period from DA/SA wouldn't be an issue? Keep in mind I live in California, so P30s aren't exactly common around these here parts to try different options out.

All the reviews I'm reading pretty much agree the stock trigger leaves something to be desired.

Thanks for your input all. I value your opinion greatly.

Seems I can't get an L in V1, so that's another choice I need to make I guess...

hufnagel
09-08-2013, 07:40 AM
You could get an L in v3 and convert it to v1 yourself.* It would also give you the opportunity to try out v3 before you commit to v1/LEM.

* it's not a supported conversion by H&K, so it voids the warranty if you were to send it back to them for repairs in that config.

your mileage may vary. void in all 50 states. subject to change without notice. this product may have been manufactured on equipment in contact with peanuts or peanut oils. under 18 not admitted without parent or adult. some assembly required.

Casual Friday
09-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Given the circumstances of being behind enemy lines with limited handgun options, I would go for the V3 and do the conversion later if so desired. Myself, I prefer the LEM over DA/SA with HK's, but prefer DA/SA in a SIG over their DAK trigger, but I digress.....

JMorse
09-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Makes sense, thanks much folks.

YVK
09-08-2013, 10:05 AM
does it make sense to get an LEM trigger since an adjustment period from DA/SA wouldn't be an issue?

That's not guaranteed at all. DA/SA helps quite a bit with working on first shot with LEM, but return trigger travel and reset on subsequent shots is more demanding with LEM.

JMorse
09-08-2013, 03:41 PM
...but return trigger travel and reset on subsequent shots is more demanding with LEM.

Huh. That's contrary to what I thought, at least with the light LEM setup.

YVK
09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Huh. That's contrary to what I thought, at least with the light LEM setup.

With DA/SA, returning trigger will stop at the "reset + SA take-up" distance by itself, every time, all the time. It will be forgiving of times when you let your finger off trigger face, whether by mistake or by intent with such techniques as flip and press, or if you chose to slap the trigger. With LEM you actively control how far that trigger returns back. It isn't that difficult to let it out too far, or let it out more on one shot and less on another. I find this aspect to be a unique challenge in running LEM, and in my early times with it I had easier time hitting fast splits with a stock rental DA/SA P30 than with my own reduced reset LEM. I should look at it again, I presume, since I am coming on to 20k through LEM.

JMorse
09-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Ah hah! I gotcha.