PDA

View Full Version : Armed robbery, CCTV footage (South Africa)

Skaaphaas
09-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Not too sure about etiquette on this forum regarding posts like these. If I overstep somewhere, please let me know.

This vid was posted a few days ago. It was an armed robbery at a pizza take-out, Sunday 1 Sept 2013. I have watched it probably a gazillion times, and discussed it with a lot of shooting friends.

It gets my heart rate up, just looking at it. I see at least 2 firearms in play, and 4 robbers. Say you were the older gentleman getting patted down, what course of action would you have taken?

Problems (or rather, things to keep in mind) I have are the following: He had his wife there, which puts a very dynamic to the fight. Secondly, the way these places are built, there is only one entrance / exit, and that is the front door. Sure there is a service exit at the back, but it would be kept locked, so once the shooting starts, the guys that went over the counter would have to fight their way to the entrance again to escape. So it is that peanuts scenario: Once you start, you can't stop. You'll have to neutralise all of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1yQQwVrSA

Interested to hear your comments.

GardoneVT
09-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Not to present a pessimistic view,but sometimes the situation means you stand fast.

Take the case of a LE after action report I read regarding a bank robbery.An off duty cop was waiting in line for a teller when one guy walked in waving a .357 Magnum demanding everyone lay down .As he ran out the door with the money,the robber inexplicably yelled "Lets GO!" into the crowd.

That's when the guy in line behind the LEO got up and ran to the exit .

Had the officer drew on the first guy,the "sleeper" planted into the crowd would have shot him in the back .The LEO recounted having a desire to intervene,but had a gut feeling he should stand fast.That instinct saved his life.

Wendell
09-08-2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.thegunzone.com/have-a-gun.html

As it was, the only option that male victim had was whether (or not) to have a heart attack or a stroke. It looks to me as though he was thinking about it.