PDA

View Full Version : 1, 1.25, or 1.5 X 4 or 6 or 8 scope with illuminated reticle and a long battery life.

Little Creek
09-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I am looking for a battery life of more than 1 year that can compete with an Aimpoint on the lower magnification. I am looking for an all purpose optic that I never have to turn on or off. Does any such animal exist?

TGS
09-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't think so....

......but how about an Aimpoint with a magnifier?

Suvorov
09-04-2013, 02:30 PM
What is wrong with your Leupy?

Doesn't if have the feature when you pick it up it turns on? :confused:

I've had my VX-R Patrol for 2 years and have yet to change batteries out.

joshs
09-04-2013, 03:05 PM
The Trijicon TR24 is the only scope that would meet your "battery" life requirement. The Leupolds with auto shutoff might as well depending on how often you actually use/handle the rifle (which turns the scope on).

GJM
09-04-2013, 03:53 PM
As a PF staff member and I have discussed a lot lately, I/we want an optic that works like an Aimpoint on low power, has magnification, hold over capability, weighs less than a Glock, and costs less than my first car.

NETim
09-04-2013, 05:12 PM
As a PF staff member and I have discussed a lot lately, I/we want an optic that works like an Aimpoint on low power, has magnification, hold over capability, weighs less than a Glock, and costs less than my first car.

Just about have it perfected but it's third in line behind my cold fusion and room temp superconductor projects.

#4 on the list is a 75% efficient solar cell.

:)

I want that optic as well.

Little Creek
09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
What is wrong with your Leupy?

Doesn't if have the feature when you pick it up it turns on? :confused:

I've had my VX-R Patrol for 2 years and have yet to change batteries out.

No, my Mark AR Mod 1 does not have that feature. It is obvious to me not that I should have bought a VX-R. It is good to know about the long battery life of the VX-R.

Woodandsteel
09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
The Leupold VX-6 is pretty close to that. I was looking at one today, and at 1x it's about as close to an Aimpoint as I've found in a 1-X scope. It's light, has a daytime bright red dot, and has auto-shutoff and on. I just wish it had better reticle options.

Odin Bravo One
09-05-2013, 03:01 AM
I have the VX-6, and have been comparing it to a Vortex 1-6 for a few months.

It will be the topic of a future comparison write up.

Either meet the criteria laid out in post 1. I'd be comfortable playing for all the marbles with either. I have a hunting trip coming up, and the Leupold won for choice of optic to go, mostly because of weight, and the fact that the Vortex is not mine to take and maybe get beat up.