PDA

View Full Version : Revolver Speed Loaders & Pouch - "Normal"

dustyvarmint
08-24-2013, 07:31 PM
In the winter I shoot two revolver-neutral PPC leagues. I've been using my G17, an M&P 22 pistol and a Ruger Mk II.

I think I want to shoot it with my GP100 this year so I can learn how to use it better, but need at least 5 speed loaders.

What is a "normal" speed loader? One that would have been used for duty?

What is a "normal" pouch that would have been used for duty?

happy shooting

Chuck Whitlock
08-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Duty speedloaders were typically HKS or Safariland Comp I or Comp II.

"Normal" speedloader pouch would typically be a flapped double unit. If you have a local police supply place, see if they have a used/bargain bin.
They will normally be sized to fit on a 2.25" belt.

jetfire
08-25-2013, 12:34 PM
The speed loader de rigueur for competition shooting is the Safariland Comp-III. You can get a holder from Safariland as well that holds three on the belt, or you can buy the far superior (and more expensive) holders from 4wheelguns.com, which is where the keyed in wheel gunners shop.

JonInWA
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I took a hard look at what Caleb recommends, and decided to try another (and significantly less expensive) tack-experimenting with some of Tactical Tailor's single and double 5.56 magazine pouches, with their bungee cords removed-they work quite nicely with the Comp IIIs.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/556singlemagpouch20rd.aspx

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/556doublemagpanel20rd.aspx

If ordered in ACU, they're 50% off.

Best, Jon

sheriffoconee
11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Contact Looper Leather in Oklahoma. Call and ask for Lisa, tell her I sent you. They can make or have in stock duty gear that you need
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Looper-Leather-Law-Enforcement/142950359084535

LSP972
11-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Looper Leather in Oklahoma.

Holy cow... they're still in business?

My first uniform holster was a Looper; one of those "buckets" with the steel backplate, in Clarino. I was issued a Don Hume "Jordan/River" holster, which left much to be desired. That particular Looper model was popular amongst the old heads who were also gun-savvy, so...

That was in 1978.

Thanks for making me feel old...:(

jlw
11-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Holy cow... they're still in business?

My first uniform holster was a Looper; one of those "buckets" with the steel backplate, in Clarino. I was issued a Don Hume "Jordan/River" holster, which left much to be desired. That particular Looper model was popular amongst the old heads who were also gun-savvy, so...

That was in 1978.

Thanks for making me feel old...:(

Yup, they are still in business. The Sheriff and I bought some Class A duty gear from them a while back. We also sent them some loaded moonclips so that they could make carriers to match the duty gear.

jetfire
11-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Is that the same Lisa Looper of Flashbang holster fame?

jlw
11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Is that the same Lisa Looper of Flashbang holster fame?

Yup.

jetfire
11-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Yup.

Small world.

jlw
11-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Small world.

The Looper family has been in the leather business for a long time and multiple generations.

David Armstrong
11-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. I remember going into Looper's in 1978 for my first civilian LE Sam Browne rig....Belt w/crossstrap, Tom Threepersons holster with safety strap, cuff case, mace holder, baton ring, 12-round belt slide and two keepers. Seemed like a lot at the time.