PDA

View Full Version : Great video on the America's future

SJC3081
08-23-2013, 04:08 AM
This video shows our the intent of our forefathers and our sad future.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/-MzxC8Mqupw

Bigguy
08-23-2013, 04:46 PM
I used to listen to all you right wing whack jobs talking about the fall of America with a bit of a smirk on my face. But lately I'm getting real uneasy with what I see on the news. Case in point: 34% say First Amendment goes too far in protecting rights (http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/34-say-first-amendment-goes-too-far)
More than a third of Americans think the Constitution provides too many rights? http://www.guywheatley.com/gifs/Scared.gif

Wish I'd listened to you guys a few years earlier. I'm starting to think it's way past time to start stockpiling food, ammo, and digging a hole.

Kyle Reese
08-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Idiocracy is a better film about where we are headed as a nation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TGS
08-23-2013, 05:16 PM

I first watched that movie about a year ago, and couldn't believe how much it mirrored our state.

Kyle Reese
08-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I first watched that movie about a year ago, and couldn't believe how much it mirrored our state.

New Jersey?

TGS
08-23-2013, 05:19 PM
New Jersey?

State, as in state of being.

Tamara
08-23-2013, 05:47 PM
I've long maintained that if you want to see where we're headed, just look at the other Western democracies. We're going to be Sweden, but with NASCAR and better gun laws. The only thing that could veer us off that course is heavy immigration without cultural assimilation, but that's not going to steer us anyplace fun, either.

Turns out that if you let people vote for free stuff, they will. Who knew?

NickA
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM

I periodically check our phone listings to see how many there are for "Upgrayedd" ;)

Suvorov
08-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I've long maintained that if you want to see where we're headed, just look at the other Western democracies. We're going to be Sweden, but with NASCAR and better gun laws. The only thing that could veer us off that course is heavy immigration without cultural assimilation, but that's not going to steer us anyplace fun, either.

I really hope that your optimism holds true. I'm envisioning something closer to the Balkans only without the culinary delights of ivar, chivapcici, and borek.

Tamara
08-23-2013, 07:02 PM
I really hope that your optimism holds true. I'm envisioning something closer to the Balkans only without the culinary delights of ivar, chivapcici, and borek.

Longer term, that's where most Western democracies are headed, I think.

(And when the lid comes off a country where you can buy M4geries at Wally World, it's going to make Sarajevo look like Sleepy Meadows...)

Kyle Reese
08-23-2013, 07:04 PM
State, as in state of being.

I know.....;) just messing with u..

fuse
08-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Bondo has what plants crave. Bondo has electrolytes.

Spr1
08-24-2013, 06:34 AM

de Tocqueville..........