PDA

View Full Version : Local action league in NoVA

brovazombies
08-15-2013, 12:40 PM
There seems to be a real need for a local action shooting league in Northern Virginia. By North Virginia, I mean the urban core way way up there. :)

We do have the intermittent KSTG and Flat Range Challenge things going on, but pretty much everything else in the larger leagues is way too much driving for busy people.

I'm trying to compile a sort of a roster of people that might be interested, so that we could approach the NRA Range, or SEG, or what have you, to see if maybe we could make it worth their while to host something like this on a regular schedule.

Anyone interested?

cclaxton
08-22-2013, 04:51 AM
There seems to be a real need for a local action shooting league in Northern Virginia. By North Virginia, I mean the urban core way way up there. :)

We do have the intermittent KSTG and Flat Range Challenge things going on, but pretty much everything else in the larger leagues is way too much driving for busy people.

I'm trying to compile a sort of a roster of people that might be interested, so that we could approach the NRA Range, or SEG, or what have you, to see if maybe we could make it worth their while to host something like this on a regular schedule.

Anyone interested?

Finding an available range is the problem in the DC Metro area.
How far are you willing to drive?
What kind of "Action Shooting" are you looking to do? Pistol-only? IDPA has events in Manassas and Annapolis, USPSA in Quantico.
Find a range that can host it and it will happen.
CC

punkey71
08-22-2013, 05:42 AM
USPSA monthly matches in Fredericksburg - first Sunday every month. They mix in couple steel matches and a 3-Gun as well.

Not "up there" but not terribly far either. Figure 45mins from the FFX county line heading down I95.

Fredericksburgps.com

Best
Harold

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cclaxton
08-22-2013, 06:52 AM
I am going to try an IDPA style match at Summit Point Sunday, August 25. I have the signup at www.walnutridgeps.com. If you could help in any way to get the word out a little, I would appreciate it.

I'll need at least 20 shooters to make it worthwhile.

My plan is to use the USPSA stages broken down into three or four smaller stages, coming up with 10-12 IDPA stages that way.

Until I see that this match has an appropriate turnout, the following caveats:

1-IPSC targets instead of IDPA targets

2-No IDPA sanction, but following closely IDPA rules

3-White targets for no shoots, unless someone has a "hands" stencil or unless I have time to make one before Sunday.

If you do sign up, make sure you hear that the match is a ‘go’ as he says he won’t do it with a weak signup.

Regards, David