PDA

View Full Version : Werner Herzog does a documentary on texting & driving

Nephrology
08-10-2013, 12:18 PM
http://youtu.be/_BqFkRwdFZ0

Should be mandatory for anyone in driving school.

Cookie Monster
08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Well done and powerful but I need to go have a few drinks now... Kitten that was hardcore.

Cookie Monster

Nephrology
08-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Well done and powerful but I need to go have a few drinks now... Kitten that was hardcore.

Cookie Monster

Yes - very glad that it drives the point home though. Too many people drive like idiots. People forget exactly how lethal a 4,000 lb piece of metal going 75+MPH can be.

Slavex
08-11-2013, 02:44 AM
wow. That is harsh. Just harsh

TGS
08-11-2013, 02:01 PM
People forget exactly how lethal a 4,000 lb piece of metal going 75+MPH can be.

It always amazes me. The power behind a vehicle going this fast, that is.

A few days ago I was the first ambulance on scene for a nasty wreck with 6 patients on the turnpike, which was subsequently closed for 4 hours and apparently backed up traffic all the way down into Maryland.

Well, the guy we extricated was in what was supposedly a vehicle, which had been hit by a tractor trailer. A cargo shipping container was thrown 10-15 feet in front of the wreck, to give you an idea on the energy levels involved. But, I'm always in awe when seeing a completely, utterly mangled wreck like that. All caused by a pickup truck getting a tire blowout and trying to stop too quickly in front of a tractor trailer, causing a chain reaction with another tractor trailer and truck. Fortunately, no one died and we had a phenomenal team on the ground that day from over 8 agencies working in complete unison.

I've been in low-speed accidents, but I can't even imagine what a highway wreck would be like to experience.

Slavex
08-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Saw a nice accident today on the highway on the way to the range, a buddy of mine was part of the ambulance crew. Talking to him later he said the driver of the car was texting when he failed to notice the tractor trailer stopping along with the rest of traffic, and drove into it at about 120km/hr. Killed the driver, wife and one child. One teenager survived with hardly any injuries (where he got his info from). I know I've texted and read while driving, and pretended that I was doing it safely. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Never again.

Nephrology
08-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Saw a nice accident today on the highway on the way to the range, a buddy of mine was part of the ambulance crew. Talking to him later he said the driver of the car was texting when he failed to notice the tractor trailer stopping along with the rest of traffic, and drove into it at about 120km/hr. Killed the driver, wife and one child. One teenager survived with hardly any injuries (where he got his info from). I know I've texted and read while driving, and pretended that I was doing it safely. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Never again.

Wow. That's horrible. I can't imagine being the only surviving passenger of that car.