PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Miculek talks revolvers

TCinVA
08-09-2013, 07:09 PM
http://youtu.be/gEHNZFTfSD8

Interesting stuff. I use his J frame grip for all small handguns as I find it gives me superior accuracy and speed.

SJC3081
08-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Fantastic.

66L
08-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Great video and a wealth of knowledge. His accomplishments are extraordinary!

Clyde from Carolina
08-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Fascinating. I want to try his J-frame grip for myself.

JodyH
08-10-2013, 09:56 AM
His J-frame grip works great... on the range.
Too bad I have about a million more thumbs forward pistol presentations hardwired, and that's what I default too when shooting my J-frame under pressure.
Thumbs forward isn't optimal on the J-frame, but it works well enough to get my hits at a reasonable pace.
Since the J-frame isn't my primary carry gun, I don't consider it a valuable use of range time to hardwire two different grips.

BWT
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Great video and a wealth of knowledge. His accomplishments are extraordinary!

Amen to that.

You can tell he's very very energetic too.

He's almost exhausting to watch. I think he's one of those that defines Work Ethic.

Lon
08-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I've talked to Jerry at a couple of different big 3gun matches. He and his wife are some of the nicest "big name" shooters I've met. Country gentleman.

Nephrology
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
His J-frame grip works great... on the range.
Too bad I have about a million more thumbs forward pistol presentations hardwired, and that's what I default too when shooting my J-frame under pressure.
Thumbs forward isn't optimal on the J-frame, but it works well enough to get my hits at a reasonable pace.
Since the J-frame isn't my primary carry gun, I don't consider it a valuable use of range time to hardwire two different grips.

I've found it just plain doesn't work for me with the size of my hands (on the small side). I use a regular thumbs-down revolver grip and do just fine.