PDA

View Full Version : Sig P220 SAO

jlw
05-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone here have firsthand experience with these? I have a chance to pick one up at a good price. My only holdup is that when using 8-round mags in a 1911, I have issues getting the mags to seat during tactical reloads, and I would be using this pistol for IDPA.

DonovanM
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Edit: Oh nevermind. I thought you said using 8-round mags FROM a 1911 [in a P220].

I haven't shot one. You may want to post or search over at SIGforum, though.

jlw
05-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Edit: Oh nevermind. I thought you said using 8-round mags FROM a 1911 [in a P220].

I haven't shot one. You may want to post or search over at SIGforum, though.

I have registered over there, but my account hasn't been approved.

WDW
05-15-2011, 10:24 PM
I have. It ain't an issue. If you like it, go for it.

NGCSUGrad09
05-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Being that I've shot with you.. I'd say avoid the new gun syndrome and stick to the 1911s and Glocks that you have.

Focus on getting better instead of chasing new guns. Once I did that, I started to get a lot better. Just my 2 cents.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Focus on getting better instead of chasing new guns. Once I did that, I started to get a lot better. Just my 2 cents.

This ^^^^

jlw
05-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Being that I've shot with you.. I'd say avoid the new gun syndrome and stick to the 1911s and Glocks that you have.

I'm pretty well a die hard Glock guy in 9mm, and I like .45 GAP as well. I own a 1911, but I am just not a 1911 guy, and I am looking for something to shoot in CDP. I understand why other people like the 1911, but I just never had had one "work" for me.

NGCSUGrad09
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty well a die hard Glock guy in 9mm, and I like .45 GAP as well. I own a 1911, but I am just not a 1911 guy, and I am looking for something to shoot in CDP. I understand why other people like the 1911, but I just never had had one "work" for me.

If the 1911 doesn't work too well, look at the Glock 21SF. Since you've got time, ammo, etc invested in the Glock platform it's probably the easiest to jump to. Next time we go shooting you can try mine.

jlw
05-16-2011, 01:28 PM
If the 1911 doesn't work too well, look at the Glock 21SF. Since you've got time, ammo, etc invested in the Glock platform it's probably the easiest to jump to. Next time we go shooting you can try mine.

I've tried it, but the grip is still too big for my hands. If they would allow the .45 GAP in CDP, I'd compete with it as I carry one on duty. The shorter grip length of the 30SF works a little better for me, but I really liked the way the Sig felt in my hands.

VolGrad
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM

I agree with this myself and have been thinking of picking up yet another G21SF lately too. I am trying to resist though since I think I've owned at least 3 already and sold them all. Having just sold the P30 (pending) and and another gun listed on GunBroker I have money to burn. :cool:

GooberTim
05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I've tried it, but the grip is still too big for my hands. If they would allow the .45 GAP in CDP, I'd compete with it as I carry one on duty. The shorter grip length of the 30SF works a little better for me, but I really liked the way the Sig felt in my hands.

What about the M&P? Not poo-pooing the Sig, just asking.....

Al T.
05-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Had the SIG, now have a M&P .45. I think brother Goober has it right.

On the flip side, I've stabilized on two platforms and it does make a difference.

jlw
05-16-2011, 02:59 PM
What about the M&P? Not poo-pooing the Sig, just asking.....

Had the SIG, now have a M&P .45. I think brother Goober has it right.

On the flip side, I've stabilized on two platforms and it does make a difference.

I picked up an M&P at a good enough price to flip it if I decide that I don't like it. Being a Glock guy it makes me feel dirty to own any other polymer pistol through. LOL

The deal available on the Sig is a very good deal.

NGCSUGrad09
05-17-2011, 09:46 AM
I picked up an M&P at a good enough price to flip it if I decide that I don't like it. Being a Glock guy it makes me feel dirty to own any other polymer pistol through. LOL

The deal available on the Sig is a very good deal.

Is it a question of finding a deal and making it work for you or finding a gun for you that happens to be a good deal?

jlw
05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Is it a question of finding a deal and making it work for you or finding a gun for you that happens to be a good deal?

Some of both. I'm looking for an ACP gun that will work for me. This design appears to have many of the features that I would like.

GunNut
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Some of both. I'm looking for an ACP gun that will work for me. This design appears to have many of the features that I would like.

If you can easily flip it and get your money out of it, I say buy it and give it a try.