PDA

View Full Version : Brother's Navy Graduation

WDW
08-02-2013, 05:52 PM
My brother graduated from Navy Recruit Training today. I'm up here in the Great Lakes area. The graduation ceremony was pretty elaborate. The band was awesome. His orders got changed last minute, so he only gets a few hours of liberty before heading off to San Antonio. He is going to be a Corpsman, Green side of course. I ordered him a Beretta M9A1 as a graduation gift. Proud he's carrying on the family military tradition.

SeriousStudent
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Please forward my congratulations to your brother for serving his country in this manner. I have great personal respect for FMF Corpsman. I wish him success in his studies, and then as a "Doc".

It is a very fine thing he has committed to do. Please thank him for me.

WDW
08-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Please forward my congratulations to your brother for serving his country in this manner. I have great personal respect for FMF Corpsman. I wish him success in his studies, and then as a "Doc".

It is a very fine thing he has committed to do. Please thank him for me.

Thanks. I'll let him know!! He's a casual P-F.com browser :)

Kyle Reese
08-02-2013, 08:03 PM
I wish him the best of luck in his upcoming military career.

WDW
08-02-2013, 09:18 PM
I wish him the best of luck in his upcoming military career.

Thank you

fuse
08-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I was in that band, over 5 years ago. Glad they still do it. Was one of the best part about boot camp, rehearsing a couple hours 4 or 5 Saturdays before graduation. It was like being free! temporarily or course. No other service does that.

Glad you liked. I will pass that along to the chief who runs it (a crazy hard job) these days.

WDW
08-02-2013, 10:09 PM
I was in that band, over 5 years ago. Glad they still do it. Was one of the best part about boot camp, rehearsing a couple hours 4 or 5 Saturdays before graduation. It was like being free! temporarily or course. No other service does that.

Glad you liked. I will pass that along to the chief who runs it (a crazy hard job) these days.

The band was amazing!! Super talented group of people. Way different than the Marine graduation I was part of.

LittleLebowski
08-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Green side corpsman, oorah!

JM Campbell
08-03-2013, 11:16 AM
If he needs anything while he is in SA he can contact me, I'm local. PM me for contact info.

JM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

MGW
08-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Green side corpsman, oorah!

Probably the only squid that the jarheads respect is a corpsman.

Failure2Stop
08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Probably the only squid that the jarheads respect is a corpsman.

Eh, some SEALs are ok...

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Sparks2112
08-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Eh, some SEALs are ok...

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

He talks the same way about you. ;)

SGT_Calle
08-04-2013, 07:49 AM

The Navy doesn't have an actual band at Great Lakes to cover graduations? That's weird.
Congratulation to your brother!

fuse
08-04-2013, 08:10 PM
The Navy doesn't have an actual band at Great Lakes to cover graduations? That's weird.
Congratulation to your brother!

They do, and they play as well. But the recruit band plays separately. Since the recruit band might have 1 or 2 actual musicians in it, their tunes are generally simplified somewhat. It's made up of a lot of recruits whose experience is somewhere around "I was in band throughout high school" to "I kind of played in junior high"

SGT_Calle
08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
They do, and they play as well. But the recruit band plays separately. Since the recruit band might have 1 or 2 actual musicians in it, their tunes are generally simplified somewhat. It's made up of a lot of recruits whose experience is somewhere around "I was in band throughout high school" to "I kind of played in junior high"

Very interesting, I had no idea.

bigslim
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
the only thing i remember from my pass and review is that it was really hot, i wanted to see my wife, and some lady with an obnoxious voice kept on saying "very well" great mistakes in august, i dont miss it for a second.

congrats to your brother.

mike

jc000
08-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Congrats and thanks to your brother! Looking forward to seeing my daughter do the same in a fee months. Hoping she'll be in the band!

SGT_Calle
08-06-2013, 09:46 AM
the only thing i remember from my pass and review is that it was really hot, i wanted to see my wife, and some lady with an obnoxious voice kept on saying "very well" great mistakes in august, i dont miss it for a second.

congrats to your brother.

mike

Lol, I have done more than a few Pass in Reviews in the hot GA sun both at Benning and Gordon (as my avatar indicates). I only miss it occasionally, so I'm not completely insane.