PDA

View Full Version : Sugar free gummy's anyone?

KeeFus
07-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Please read the review on this...LMAO!

http://www.amazon.com/grocery-gourmet-food/dp/B000EVQWKC

JV_
07-31-2013, 07:09 AM
I have a 10# bag of them at home.

For a few kids projects (co-op), we ordered a 10# bags of gummies and they shipped a sugar-free bag by mistake. We got to keep them in the exchange process. Excluding the taste, it was like chewing on a car tire.

Erik
07-31-2013, 07:13 AM
It sounds like they should keep them on airplanes in case of a water landing.

RoyGBiv
07-31-2013, 07:14 AM
The sweetener they use just tears me up. Run away.!!

Nephrology
07-31-2013, 07:40 AM
I am going to prank the KITTEN out of some people with these.

Corlissimo
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM
That first long review by C. Torok was hysterical, but painful at the same time.
I think this "event" was caught on film...

http://youtu.be/SIZU_NZRfjA

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.

CMG
07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Who thought it would be a good idea to make Gummi Bears with Olestra?

Byron
07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
I was in a Wegmans a few years back when I first discovered sugar-free gummy bears. I sampled a few from the barrel and found that they tasted just like real gummies. As a hardcore candy addict, I was pumped. This seemed too good to be true! Candy without the calories? (Or at least, with significantly fewer calories)

I did notice a warning label on the barrel that talked about gas, cramps, diarrhea, etc. But I was willing to take the chance and filled a decent bag to take home.

The first night, I just tried a small quantity. Still tasted great. Still seemed to good to be true. No side-effects to speak of. Now I was really excited. Maybe other people had stomach issues with these things, but it seemed like I was in the clear!

So a few nights later, I figured I could throw caution to the wind. I scarfed the rest of the bag while watching a movie. Still tasted great. Still felt fine before going to bed.

A few hours later, I woke up to the worst stomach cramps I've ever experienced in my life, and barely made it to the toilet before I suffered the wrath of my error. That was a miserable, painful, fetid night; worse than any bout of food poisoning I've ever experienced.

The burnt hand teaches best.

I am going to prank the KITTEN out of some people with these.
My cousin has a story that is similar to mine, but involved an office party. Someone like me had "discovered" the magic of sugar-free gummies and brought them in for the whole office. Everyone was scarfing them like crazy by mid-day. By the afternoon, things got nasty.

You could absolutely pull horrible pranks on people with these things. If I hadn't experienced the pain myself, I might say it would be a funny thing to try. After crapping out half of my organs though, I'm a bit more reluctant to encourage such a thing.

Coyotesfan97
07-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Byron you owe me a new keyboard. No way to get the coffee spray out of the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nephrology
08-01-2013, 09:00 AM
My cousin has a story that is similar to mine, but involved an office party. Someone like me had "discovered" the magic of sugar-free gummies and brought them in for the whole office. Everyone was scarfing them like crazy by mid-day. By the afternoon, things got nasty.

You could absolutely pull horrible pranks on people with these things. If I hadn't experienced the pain myself, I might say it would be a funny thing to try. After crapping out half of my organs though, I'm a bit more reluctant to encourage such a thing.

I'll reserve it for those who truly have it coming. The kind of person that you are forced to, for one reason or another, spend far too much time with.