PDA

View Full Version : Benchmade Nim Cub II IWB sheath

rathos
07-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I am looking for a IWB sheath for a Nim cub II fixed blade knife. I have found a few places that will make me a sheath but they require me sending the knife which I am not comfortable doing considering how often the mail carriers lose stuff these days. I need an IWB for concealment and it will play double duty as I will also carry it on duty. Since we switched to outer carriers my old setup doesn't work, and I would rather carry the more substantial nim cub II then the cheap cold steel I was carrying.

Thanks in advance

vcdgrips
07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Re the mail. I would offer the following-I have used USPS for 99% of my shipping needs re my grips since the summer of 2008. I typically ship 1st class with tracking. USPS has " lost" 2 packages out of hundreds shipped. Both ultimately showed back up on my door step about 3 weeks later.

I do use 3m bubble mailers and 3m tape. Almost always, I generate a USPS automated label out of my Paypal account so address legibility is not an issue.

I would ship it priority, insure it and drive on.

YMMV greatly

LittleLebowski
08-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Dark Star Gear (http://darkstargear.com).

Below is one he made me for a different knife.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/IMG_4194_zpsa9defd74.jpg

ST911
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Oooooh, I like that. I have a Nimravus Cub that needs a new sheath.

LittleLebowski
08-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Oooooh, I like that. I have a Nimravus Cub that needs a new sheath.

It's pretty nice. Reversible and stays in place. Look at the workmanship!

Of course, I bought this thinking that I could carry a fixed blade in Virginia.......

rathos
08-02-2013, 09:01 PM
You the man LL, thanks!

Dark Star Gear (http://darkstargear.com).

Below is one he made me for a different knife.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/IMG_4194_zpsa9defd74.jpg

Chuck Haggard
08-03-2013, 05:29 PM
It's pretty nice. Reversible and stays in place. Look at the workmanship!

Of course, I bought this thinking that I could carry a fixed blade in Virginia.......

They just un-illegalized knife carry here, as in completely did away with any laws on carrying knives. You want to sling a Conan sword and go for a walk? Have at it.

I may have to think about a sheath like that for one of my knives.

rathos
08-04-2013, 03:34 AM
I will let you know what they say when they answer my email. It looks like a great sheath.

They just un-illegalized knife carry here, as in completely did away with any laws on carrying knives. You want to sling a Conan sword and go for a walk? Have at it.

HopetonBrown
08-05-2013, 12:18 AM
I too ship hundreds of packages a year through the USPS without problem. I wouldn't be worried about sending a $100 knife through the mail.

Re the mail. I would offer the following-I have used USPS for 99% of my shipping needs re my grips since the summer of 2008. I typically ship 1st class with tracking. USPS has " lost" 2 packages out of hundreds shipped. Both ultimately showed back up on my door step about 3 weeks later.

I do use 3m bubble mailers and 3m tape. Almost always, I generate a USPS automated label out of my Paypal account so address legibility is not an issue.

I would ship it priority, insure it and drive on.

YMMV greatly

rathos
08-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Apparently you guys have better mail carriers then I do around here. They have lost a total of 4 holsters at the tune of around $300, so I am not about to send a knife that is no longer made through the mail

I too ship hundreds of packages a year through the USPS without problem. I wouldn't be worried about sending a $100 knife through the mail.

LittleLebowski
08-05-2013, 01:30 PM

I strongly recommend Dark Star Gear's sheaths.