PDA

View Full Version : incoming SigPro and M&P9C

JodyH
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I decided that I want to diversify a bit and drink some new Kool-Aid for a while.
Over the past 6 months shooting has become... boring.
My Kahr K9 and Colt LW Gov are now gone (and probably won't be missed since they never leave the safe anyway).
I picked up a SigPro 9mm (Swiss made, no rail, SP2022) for some DA/SA goodness.
I also grabbed a M&P9C that will get a RMR mounted (after I verify accuracy) to see how that package works as a carry gun.
That should invigorate my shooting for a while.
Now I just need to stockpile some 9mm for T&E.
:cool:

Kyle Reese
07-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice!

NickA
07-24-2013, 04:44 PM
If I had some money to burn (and the time to actually shoot) those are the two guns I've been itching to try out. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Jac
07-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Awesome... I'm looking forward to watching your experience with accessories for the SigPro, since I haven't got around to doing much with mine yet.

Clyde from Carolina
07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Very cool. I've been jonesing to get back into SIGs myself.

Clay
07-24-2013, 08:24 PM
My Sig SP2022 has turned into my favorite DA/SA pistol. 100% reliable and extremely accurate. Definitely a best buy IMHO.

98z28
07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Excellent! If my M&Pc were more consistently accurate with a range of ammo, it would still be in use.

As it stands, my SP2022's are working out better than any $400 gun has a right to. They are accurate with a variety of bullet weights (ten round groups in 2.5" or less at 25 yards from a rest - doesn't matter if I use 124 or 147 grain FMJ or JHP), have very decent triggers, are ridiculously "soft" shooting (low felt recoil and easy sight tracking), and are reliable so far (less than 1,000 rounds between two of them, so take that for what it is worth).

Trijicon makes HD's for the SIG Pro, JRC can make any of his excellent holsters for them (at least the newer railed frame - not sure about the "non-railed" frames), and mags and spare parts are readily available from Top Gun Supply. What else do you need?

Looking forward to reading about your experiences Jody.

JonInWA
07-25-2013, 07:55 AM
The Sigpro/2022 has long been the "sleeper" of the entire SIG-Sauer pistol line-up, in my opinion. It's provided quite decent quality, reliability and durability from its inception, in all the calibers its been chambered in. It's a very, very intersting comparison piece to, say, a HK USP/P30-at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price...

It'll be interesting following your experiences with it. I've previously had a Sigpro 2340, with both .40 and .357 SIG barrels. While I experienced excellent performance with it, I never really truly really wrung out all of its potential benefits-it needed more dedication than I was willing (or capable) of providing to it at the time. It was eventually traded, as I recall, for my Gen 3 Glock G21-no regrets on the trade, as I shoot the G21 decently, and it's been an excellent gun. If I wanted a DA/SA .40 or .357 SIG chambered pistol, however, the Sigpro 20220 would likely quickly vault to the head of the list.

Best, Jon

pointfiveoh
07-25-2013, 01:28 PM
What would you guys be willing to spend on a Sigpro 9mm? I'm getting the itch to have another da/sa blaster since selling my 226 a few years ago.

JonInWA
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
A reasonable, prevailing market price-i.e., see what they're offered for at Bud's, for example. A Sigpro 2022 is one of the relatively few contemporary 9mm/.40 "service-sized" handguns that hasn't been plagued with problems, be they sporadic, systemmic, manufacturing, design and/or material in the past few years. It seems that a case can be made for a Sigpro 2022, HK P30/2000 and Beretta 92 being a sort of contemporary 2013 "gold standard" of out-of-the-box service handguns...

Best, Jon

Suvorov
07-25-2013, 03:57 PM
What would you guys be willing to spend on a Sigpro 9mm? I'm getting the itch to have another da/sa blaster since selling my 226 a few years ago.

Pre-Sandyhook prices were typically around $400 for standard sights and $500 for night sights. They seem to be running about $100 more today.

David S.
07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
If a standard rail isn't terribly important, then keep an eye out for the 2009/2340 (depending on cal.) They should be just as solid and can probably be found for less than the current model 2022.

Rich
07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
I decided that I want to diversify a bit and drink some new Kool-Aid for a while.
Over the past 6 months shooting has become... boring.
My Kahr K9 and Colt LW Gov are now gone (and probably won't be missed since they never leave the safe anyway).
I picked up a SigPro 9mm (Swiss made, no rail, SP2022) for some DA/SA goodness.
I also grabbed a M&P9C that will get a RMR mounted (after I verify accuracy) to see how that package works as a carry gun.
That should invigorate my shooting for a while.
Now I just need to stockpile some 9mm for T&E.
:cool:

Lets us or me know about the accuracy of your M&P 9C.
I wouldn't mind a 9C myself.

JodyH
07-31-2013, 08:02 AM
FFL on vacation until next week. No new toys until he gets back.

MGW
08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
I really wanted to like the 9c I had. It seems like the perfect CC piece. Carries nice, perfect size, great ergos, and i didnt think the trigger was that bad. But I couldn't get the accuracy out of mine that I wanted. It also had more perceived recoil than the Shield and Gen3 G26 that I had at the time. I never tried it but I always wondered if the 9c would benefit from a heavier recoil spring.