PDA

View Full Version : Survivalism just went main-stream

TGS
07-24-2013, 07:54 AM
For the gamers in here:

Tom Clancy's "The Division" (http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/media/videos/): First video is live gameplay. Second video is a long advertisement.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun. Like Day Z, but not as masochistically boring to play.

Sparks2112
07-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Wow, that looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LHS
07-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Nifty. They'll probably charge a subscription fee, though, which is a huge turn-off for me.

Josh Runkle
07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Looks really cool. I would guess that they'll make money the same way games like call of duty do.

BaiHu
07-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Looks great, but it also looks like it won't be out until Q4 2014. Anyone else have better intel?

It's the first teaser on a game that's gotten me interested in years...I wish Clancy would just re-release Rogue Spear Urban Ops (late 90's) with the new gaming physics and just destroy all other FPS/RPGs :(

littlejerry
07-25-2013, 08:48 AM
bq
Looks great, but it also looks like it won't be out until Q4 2014. Anyone else have better intel?

It's the first teaser on a game that's gotten me interested in years...I wish Clancy would just re-release Rogue Spear Urban Ops (late 90's) with the new gaming physics and just destroy all other FPS/RPGs :(

I fricken loved rainbow six, rogue spear, and then ghost recon back in the day. After ghost recon all of the sequals didn't measure up(ravenshield wasn't bad I suppose).

Nothing really captured my interest after those titles. I basically gave up videogames after the original Red Storm titles died out.

Corlissimo
07-25-2013, 10:23 AM
I've always been more into the Battlefield series but this one might just get me fully into a MMORPG game.

Looks like the petitions for releasing it on PC platform are going really well, but I signed a couple anyway, just in case. :P

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.

TGS
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
I've always been more into the Battlefield series but this one might just get me fully into a MMORPG game.

BF2:Project Reality is my vice.

Corlissimo
07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
BF2:Project Reality is my vice.

I haven't tried that mod. I've been running Allied Intent Xtended (AIX) exclusively for the last couple years. Maybe it's time to try a new mod. Thanks for the tip. :)

In the meantime, I'm saving for a new gaming laptop, prolly a loaded Sager, but if I get some extra cash I'll go for an Origin.

TGS
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
I haven't tried that mod. I've been running Allied Intent Xtended (AIX) exclusively for the last couple years. Maybe it's time to try a new mod. Thanks for the tip. :)

In the meantime, I'm saving for a new gaming laptop, prolly a loaded Sager, but if I get some extra cash I'll go for an Origin.

You might like it, you might not. It's extremely team-work/coordination/communication centric. The game play itself is usually slow unless you're in a wicked fight......and if you are, you'll probably die.

At a NJ P-F.com slumber party, I introduced BaiHu to it. He likened it to playing the ultra-realistic original version of MW3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRNs2X5Q4

Corlissimo
07-25-2013, 07:57 PM
You might like it, you might not. It's extremely team-work/coordination/communication centric. The game play itself is usually slow unless you're in a wicked fight......and if you are, you'll probably die.

At a NJ P-F.com slumber party, I introduced BaiHu to it. He likened it to playing the ultra-realistic original version of MW3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRNs2X5Q4

Hmmm... Looks like i might need to look up some of my old clan members and see if anyone's hosting a server, then fire up the TeamSpeak or Roger Wilco apps and blow sh*t up... After I run the maps local for a bit to learn my way around them. :)

/drift

TGS
07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Hmmm... Looks like i might need to look up some of my old clan members and see if anyone's hosting a server, then fire up the TeamSpeak or Roger Wilco apps and blow sh*t up... After I run the maps local for a bit to learn my way around them. :)

/drift

Mumble is required and the default VOIP.

Mumble is amazing. Being able to talk in "local," and have the voices modified based on how far away the player is from you and what their orientation is, is just a whole'nother level above any other VOIP. The teamwork it allows is simply unprecedented in FPS games.

There's only a few servers up at any given time, max of 5 on the busy times during the weekend......CIA and HOG are the main ones, NwA, =H=, UK Warfare and Merk are some others from time to time along with some miscellaneous Russian, Chinese and Brazilian servers. It's a very small community. Most of the regular players know each other to some degree, at the very least recognize each other.....it's kinda like logging on P-F.com.

Corlissimo
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Mumble is required and the default VOIP.

Mumble is amazing. Being able to talk in "local," and have the voices modified based on how far away the player is from you and what their orientation is, is just a whole'nother level above any other VOIP. The teamwork it allows is simply unprecedented in FPS games.

There's only a few servers up at any given time, max of 5 on the busy times during the weekend......CIA and HOG are the main ones, NwA, =H=, UK Warfare and Merk are some others from time to time along with some miscellaneous Russian, Chinese and Brazilian servers. It's a very small community. Most of the regular players know each other to some degree, at the very least recognize each other.....it's kinda like logging on P-F.com.

Never tried Mumble, in fact, this is the first I've heard of it. Sounds awesome.
I was MIA Clan for a few years, ending 3+ years ago. Kind of gave it up to get back to real life as it can be a huge time suck. I mostly play now just to vent stress. The Missus will tell me: "why don't you go blow some stuff up." When I'm getting on her nerves or am too cranky. Since the ammo shortage started, it's been the best, most cost effective "therapy" for me.

TheRoland
07-25-2013, 09:26 PM
No love for ARMA 2/3 here? It's often pretty similar to the Onion's video linked.

More than once I've spent 20+ minutes in the back of a windowless APC, only to be blown up by an IED...