PDA

View Full Version : Future crimes unit?

Spr1
07-23-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/21396323-418/cops-knocking-on-doors-of-potential-shooters-victims.html

Joe in PNG
07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Paging Philip K Dick....

WobblyPossum
07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Just once, I'd like the terrifying stuff I read about in dystopian fiction to NOT happen in the real world.

Corlissimo
07-23-2013, 11:10 PM
But I thought the police don't use profiling. :rolleyes:

So are they also gonna warn all the potential victims, as the first paragraph indicates? Because that's gonna be a helluva lot more people to visit personally. I bet next they're going to also include everyone with a FOID card, and when CHL's are eventually available, all those folks too. Lets just also include everyone with gang ink and anyone around flashing gang signs. Hell, just include everyone with any observable characteristics that are outside the authority's "ideal citizen" profile.

If any of these folks ever end up facing prosecution the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing is pretty much out the window, at least more formally than it already is currently. Sheesh.

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.

Bigguy
07-24-2013, 11:28 AM
20 people? In Chicago? That's all? I'm thinking there may have been a few slip through the cracks.

secondstoryguy
07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
The world is headed in the a way that is foretold in scifi and other literature that I've been reading my whole life. Philip Dick, Orwell, and William Gibson have all called it pretty well. We ain't quite there yet but it's on the horizon. I feel for my child and what he'd going to have to deal with 20 years from now.