PDA

View Full Version : Herters 9mm TNJ?

HCL3
07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Anyone have experience with the Herters 115gr 9mm TNJ rounds. They have an aluminum case with a lead core/nylon jacket bullet.

BobLoblaw
07-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I used them a lot in 40 and 45 when there wasn't much to choose from this past year. They ran fine, they just look weird.

Chuck Haggard
07-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I am just pretty sure that those would be CCI Blazer cases with Nyclad bullets loaded in them.

wrt81
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I picked up some a while back. I've only shot one or two boxes so far, but no problems yet.

abu fitna
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I asked the same question a while back here and had no responses.

Since then, I've run about a case downrange. It has been about as reliable as Blazer or Tula, which for me makes adequate training fodder. Out of an abundance of caution I changed out the Glock OEM barrel for a conventionally rifled aftermarket just to prevent any possible leading / overpressure issues, as I have seen no real discussion of the Nyclad's effectiveness in preventing that issue from cropping up. (I am sure someone out there has experience from the older Federal loadings in the Glock rifling, but I can't seem to find anyone that got stuck in that few years of budget crunch way back when and no one has spoken up here yet.

I wouldn't buy it over other options, but when supply is as tight as it has been a few extra thousand rounds stretches the mix of Remington, S&B, Tula / Wolf, Herter's brass, and other fodder that I had been getting in hand as enough to keep up a pace of training that at least won't make me despair entirely of an ammunition market that seems more challenging and pricey than many of the gray markets I've seen in conflict zones over the years.

ST911
07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
That Herters 9mm TNJ is loaded by CCI for Cabelas, and there's a CCI Blazer graphic on the inside box tab indicating same. It's been in reasonably consistent supply at various Cabelas and I've shot quite a bit of it. Function is good, ejection is pretty weak, bores stay decent. Accuracy is acceptable for drill and rec work. Pretty typical 115gr Blazer.