PDA

View Full Version : What sights for SIRT?

acaixguard
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Just got a SIRT Pro, and enjoying it so far. Except for one thing...I can't stand the sight picture on the included sights. I want to get a decent set of replacement sights that don't break the bank (no need for tritium). Can anyone suggest a economical pair of sights that actually fit the SIRT slide well without needing Loctite or any modifications?
Thanks in advance!

SGT_Calle
07-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I have no idea but I've been thinking about painting my front sight orange to closely resemble my Trijicon HDs on my G17.
Just my two cents.

orionz06
07-02-2013, 08:10 PM
The Ameriglo Defoor set. Call them and ask for a longer screw.

acaixguard
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Regarding the Defoors, are they taller than the stock sights? One of the things I don't like about the stock sights is how short and stubby they are. I'm used to shooting taller sights that offer a more distinct sight picture.

orionz06
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Not much. You may wanna look into Dawson and size them exactly how you want.

acaixguard
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Just scanned through the Ameriglo catalog, and it looks like the GL-453 could have good potential. It's pretty cheap (even more so than the Defoors), it's taller, and it has a red fiber optic front. I was thinking that could be a good thing, as it could potentially help me keep focus on the front sight instead of taking glances at the laser (which I find myself doing after doing many trigger presses in a row).
Anyone have experience with these sights?